The Student Room Group

Doing an AS and an A2 in one Year?

Hi,
I am a year 12 student and the exams 2 of my 4 subjects went incredibly badly and im pretty sure i got a U in one and a D/E in the other. So, I was wondring if it would be possible to do an AS and an A2 in one year. The subjects I am doing at A2 are Geography and English Literature.
The subjects I was thinking of doing are either: English Language, Business Studies, Economics or Psychology. So what do you think the easiest one of these would be?
Thanks
Original post by zweeden99
Hi,
I am a year 12 student and the exams 2 of my 4 subjects went incredibly badly and im pretty sure i got a U in one and a D/E in the other. So, I was wondring if it would be possible to do an AS and an A2 in one year. The subjects I am doing at A2 are Geography and English Literature.
The subjects I was thinking of doing are either: English Language, Business Studies, Economics or Psychology. So what do you think the easiest one of these would be?
Thanks

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you could do an AS and A2 in one year but the changes might not allow you to because of the linear style so I might be wrong.

I don't think I could make a judgement because I haven't tried those but, based on your prospective A2 subjects, I'd assume it's English Language and Business Studies. Mostly because I feel like the style of Language will be similar to Literature so you might get the hang of it easier and Business Studies because, in my opinion, it has more similarities with geography.

Good luck though.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar 😞
Reply 2
Original post by Firenze26
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you could do an AS and A2 in one year but the changes might not allow you to because of the linear style so I might be wrong.

I don't think I could make a judgement because I haven't tried those but, based on your prospective A2 subjects, I'd assume it's English Language and Business Studies. Mostly because I feel like the style of Language will be similar to Literature so you might get the hang of it easier and Business Studies because, in my opinion, it has more similarities with geography.

Good luck though.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar 😞

Yeah those are the two I was thinking would be the best. Thanks a lot for your help and the grammar wasn't bad at all!
Although I haven't taken t myself, I've heard that business studies is very easy, especially compared to economics or psychology which are quite tough.
Reply 4
Original post by HopelessMedic
Although I haven't taken t myself, I've heard that business studies is very easy, especially compared to economics or psychology which are quite tough.

Right ok, so do you think that would lower my chances of getting in to good universities? Or would you say Geography and English Literature are strong subjects so they would weigh that out?
Original post by zweeden99
Right ok, so do you think that would lower my chances of getting in to good universities? Or would you say Geography and English Literature are strong subjects so they would weigh that out?

That entirely depends on the course/uni you are looking at. While the other subjects may be more "prestigious" than business, there's no point in taken them if the uni doesn't require it.

Quick Reply

Latest