The Student Room Group

Year 10 Maths Mocks

I have been doing my Edexcel maths mocks and I have done 1 non-calculator and one calculator paper and I have one more calculator paper tomorrow.
I know I got 55/80 in the first one but not sure about the second.

How did everyone else get on in these? My year group are finding them REALLY difficult (average score of around 30/80 in the top set)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethanuallllll
I have been doing my Edexcel maths mocks and I have done 1 non-calculator and one calculator paper and I have one more calculator paper tomorrow.

How did everyone else get on in these? My year group are finding them REALLY difficult (average score of around 30/80 in the top set)

Yeah same. I did paper 1 yesterday and paper 2 today so far. I have paper 3 on monday. I found paper 2 easier than paper 1 tbh. The teachers haven't officially given out the mark from yesterday but some people went to the teacher to ask how we did. They said that the average was 30 and i think i got around 58

was your paper from the company pixil?
I got a B in my year 10 mock but thats because I found the mark scheme online and wrote the answers on my arm. We did it in class and I sat at the back so didn't get caught. #ThugLyfe

Edit: Oh wait- that happened in year 9. In year 10 we did the mock in the sports hall and I didn't cheat and got a B.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jessyjellytot14
I got a B in my year 10 mock but thats because I found the mark scheme online and wrote the answers on my arm. We did it in class and I sat at the back so didn't get caught. #ThugLyfe

Edit: Oh wait- that happened in year 9. In year 10 we did the mock in the sports hall and I didn't cheat and got a B.

Oh yeah a girl did that and got 70/80

but we did the pixl maths mocks so it wasn't online
Original post by theBranicAc
was your paper from the company pixil?

I don't really know.
Original post by bluepearl7
Yeah same. I did paper 1 yesterday and paper 2 today so far. I have paper 3 on monday. I found paper 2 easier than paper 1 tbh. The teachers haven't officially given out the mark from yesterday but some people went to the teacher to ask how we did. They said that the average was 30 and i think i got around 58

Nice bro. I also found the second paper easier, although I did drop marks on some questions that I know I could have done easily if I realised what the question was asking.
Reply 7
I can't tell if we've been doing the same paper. Does the last question involve proof on circle theorems?
Original post by Gabzinc
I can't tell if we've been doing the same paper. Does the last question involve proof on circle theorems?

Yes that is correct. I didn't get that one!

For me , it wasn't on circle theorems, it was on finding the formula for some complex shape. did you paper 3 (3h)
Original post by bluepearl7

For me , it wasn't on circle theorems, it was on finding the formula for some complex shape. did you paper 3 (3h)

No not yet,
Yes that is correct. I didn't get that one!

Wow, we really did do the same paper then. :smile: I did get the question, but that was only because the day before I did revision on that exact topic (how lucky!)
Original post by Gabzinc
Wow, we really did do the same paper then. :smile: I did get the question, but that was only because the day before I did revision on that exact topic (how lucky!)

yess I did this paper

my results were
paper 1 76/80
paper 2 77/80

paper 3 pending on monday
Original post by chris2791
yess I did this paper

my results were
paper 1 76/80
paper 2 77/80

paper 3 pending on monday

no way did you get such high marks! you must be a genuis!, or you cheated..

no I was in the exam hall im in year 10 already done my gcse and doing my maths alevel

I also do further maths
I haven't got my results for the calculator papers but I am expecting both 56/80 :frown: and 68/80 :smile: for the two calc papers. For my non-calc I got 68 out of 80 so I'm pleased with that I guess.
I'm really jealous of all you guys with results...apparently PIXL told the school they weren't allowed to tell us our pre moderation results. I'm going to challenge this ASAP now as I really want my results back before September!
I found paper 2 easiest of them all, followed by paper 1 and then paper 3. We have missed quite a few topics this year as we've been doing GCSE statistics (final exam on Monday!) so I found particularly the circle theorems and 3D trig which we haven't done yet difficult but next year I hope to get a 9 so hopefully it wasn't a complete disaster this year lol as that would be rather demotivating.
Original post by chris2791
I also do further maths

oh, so your not a gcse student?

Original post by Lemur14
I'm really jealous of all you guys with results...apparently PIXL told the school they weren't allowed to tell us our pre moderation results. I'm going to challenge this ASAP now as I really want my results back before September!
I found paper 2 easiest of them all, followed by paper 1 and then paper 3. We have missed quite a few topics this year as we've been doing GCSE statistics (final exam on Monday!) so I found particularly the circle theorems and 3D trig which we haven't done yet difficult but next year I hope to get a 9 so hopefully it wasn't a complete disaster this year lol as that would be rather demotivating.

ohh so your do the pixl exam paper aswell, did you do aqa exam style or exdecel, because as a top set my class has to do both aqa and exdecel
oh, so your not a gcse student?

ohh so your do the pixl exam paper aswell, did you do aqa exam style or exdecel, because as a top set my class has to do both aqa and exdecel

no I am a year 10 student I have taken my gcse for maths early and I am now taking alevel maths and further maths gcse my pixl paper was edexcel style

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending