The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maruchan
Yep maybe it might be a cone or a sphere:smile:

whens yours??

Draw a line from the bottom of the vase, vertically up. The angle between each side of this line and the vase is 30 degrees. You should be able to recognise the right-angled triangles that appear, with sides h, r, and the side of the vase.

tan30 = opposite/adjacent = r/h.
Original post by raman_17
whens yours??

tomorrow
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
% error calculated by doing say (area of integral-area of trap/area of trap)x100?

^ Can someone else confirm that's right just want to confirm/double check/reassurance

it's (change/original) *100
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
% error calculated by doing say (area of integral-area of trap/area of trap)x100?

^ Can someone else confirm that's right just want to confirm/double check/reassurance

that is correct
2015 question 8) b), how you get 2 and 0 as limits? Anyone? Please and Thank you!
Please can someone help me with vectors? In the textbook it says when you are working out the angle between two lines, the direction of the vectors must be going away from the angle. However in lots of PPQs this doesn't apply - am I missing something?
Original post by maruchan
tomorrow

nice :smile:

this c34 2016 IAL paper is beautiful :biggrin:
Seriously hope they don't ask a difficult rates and differential equations question :/
Original post by LilacFlorence
Please can someone help me with vectors? In the textbook it says when you are working out the angle between two lines, the direction of the vectors must be going away from the angle. However in lots of PPQs this doesn't apply - am I missing something?

They have to be in the same direction so either both inwards or both outwards :smile:
Guys nothing related to c4 but do any of u remember the proof that we had to do for cotx in c3?
Original post by raman_17
that is correct

No it isn't, it's over original which means true value, not area of trap

As far as I know, it does apply? for example if you have the intersection point C, and two points A and B on either of the two lines, to work out the angle ACB, you can use the vectors CA and CB (as the direction of these vectors go away from the angle)!

Untitled.jpg
An integral I constructed for those who might be interested:

ϕφsin(αx)e[qsin(px)]2 dx\displaystyle \int_{\phi}^{\varphi }\sin\left ( \alpha x \right )e^{\left [ q\sin\left ( px \right ) \right ]^{2}} \ \mathrm{d}x

where α=2p\alpha = 2p.
Original post by leestitt
Yeah, rates of change didnt come up last year either, I have a feeling it will be trapezium rule, followed by area under a curve, then followed by percentage error

For percentage error is the equation (approx-real)/real x100 or (real-approx)/real x100
Original post by eftio.gea
Guys nothing related to c4 but do any of u remember the proof that we had to do for cotx in c3?

dont remember the question exactly but it onlved to fractions both with a denominator of tanx. One of the numerators was cosec^2 x which you replace with 1-tan^2 x and the other numberator was tan^x. the tan^x cancelled out after adding the fractions leavcing you with 1/tanx = cotx
Original post by coolguy123456
No it isn't, it's over original which means true value, not area of trap

from the book it's (area using trapezium rule - integral calculation/integral calculation) x100
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by joodaa
For percentage error is the equation (approx-real)/real x100 or (real-approx)/real x100

Yes

Original post by Don Pedro K.
As far as I know, it does apply? for example if you have the intersection point C, and two points A and B on either of the two lines, to work out the angle ACB, you can use the vectors CA and CB (as the direction of these vectors go away from the angle)!

Untitled.jpg

You could also use AC and BC

Or if you used AC and CB (or BC and CA), you'd be working out the bigger angle between the two vectors, so you'd just do 180-(that)
This sounds so stupid, but integrating 1/something is confusing me in that the denominator has to be the power of 1 to use ln?? How would I integrate this please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending