The Student Room Group

Sofia and Varna Medical Universities

Hi Guys, im currently doing my A2s and will be applying to study medicine abroad within the next couple of weeks, logistically Sofia makes a lot of sense as it has direct flights to/from my city in the UK and it is the capital of Bulgaria however from my very limited research it doesn't seem to have a lot of foreign students.
if any of you have any information about medical universities abroad could you please share it just so i can make the most educated decision.

Scroll to see replies

hi im looking to do a similar thing and someone told me that some places do loans abroad? I know two people who go to Plevens and they say that literally no one is from the UK
ive got a friend whos in first year at plovidiv, he spoke to me about the loans and told me that there available to everyone. he did however say that they have relatively high interests rates which is why he'd avoid them
I'm looking to go Sofia Med school and I was told you can't get funding or loans for tution fees or living expenses. Could you confirm this?
Original post by confusedkid1997
Hi Guys, im currently doing my A2s and will be applying to study medicine abroad within the next couple of weeks, logistically Sofia makes a lot of sense as it has direct flights to/from my city in the UK and it is the capital of Bulgaria however from my very limited research it doesn't seem to have a lot of foreign students.
if any of you have any information about medical universities abroad could you please share it just so i can make the most educated decision.

Hey I'm aware of a few people who go Sofia med school that are from the U.K. & im looking forward to go there also! 😃
Anyone going to varna for the entrance exam next week?
I'm from Varna and I can answer some of your questions if you are interested. Every day I pass through the student accommodation of the Medical university.
Original post by TishoHristov
I'm from Varna and I can answer some of your questions if you are interested. Every day I pass through the student accommodation of the Medical university.

I have PM'd you
Hey - Im applying for Sofia University to hopefully start this October for Medicine! Anyone have any advice on accommodation or living out there in general? Is there alot of UK students as I know no-one out there! Im a graduate in Biomedical science so Sofia uni have offered one year credit but I don't think ill take it as I haven't done anatomy since my first year and don't know a word in bulgarian and latin so better to start from 1st year lol! Anyone doing something similar? I'm applying through MLS.
Reply 9
What are the admission requirements?
Original post by icc95
What are the admission requirements?

You have to check their respective sites.

1-)I have a question if I am not an EU member and I take dentistry degree from varna university is this degree guaranteed in all EU countries and I can work with it in any EU country ?

2-) I read on the site that the degree of dentistry is Master and it is 6 years, this means after finishing the 6 years I will have bachelor and master in dentistry?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by welly1995
1-)I have a question if I am not an EU member and I take dentistry degree from varna university is this degree guaranteed in all EU countries and I can work with it in any EU country ?

2-) I read on the site that the degree of dentistry is Master and it is 6 years, this means after finishing the 6 years I will have bachelor and master in dentistry?

Thanks in advance :smile:

http://mu-varna.bg/EN/Admission/Pages/overview-dm.aspx

"The possession of that degree enables the holder to practice dental medicine in EU countries as well as in many other countries worldwide"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mariapatel
Hey I'm aware of a few people who go Sofia med school that are from the U.K. & im looking forward to go there also! 😃

Hi there !
Just wanted to ask what agency you used to apply ?
Reply 14
Hi I applying to Varna this year and I wanted to ask you about the entry exam and how I can prepare myself best?.. maybe you could give me your email address so I can email you :smile: ?
Reply 15
Hey does anyone know if sofia university is good for medicine?
Original post by Natasha__x
Hey - Im applying for Sofia University to hopefully start this October for Medicine! Anyone have any advice on accommodation or living out there in general? Is there alot of UK students as I know no-one out there! Im a graduate in Biomedical science so Sofia uni have offered one year credit but I don't think ill take it as I haven't done anatomy since my first year and don't know a word in bulgarian and latin so better to start from 1st year lol! Anyone doing something similar? I'm applying through MLS.

I've applied too I know a few guys out there and their accommodation was sorted via their agent. Ask your agent they'll sort you something out
Original post by mariapatel
I'm looking to go Sofia Med school and I was told you can't get funding or loans for tution fees or living expenses. Could you confirm this?

That's correct you can't have you applied
I'm going :smile: How have you prepared?
I heard from current students that it's easy but I think they've changed our entrance tests
Original post by zakattak
I'm going :smile: How have you prepared?
I heard from current students that it's easy but I think they've changed our entrance tests

Not sure my agency told me they dont affect our place

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending