The Student Room Group

Dishonest practice in an exam, What to do?

I had my last exam today and its a bit of long story but i`m not sure what to do.
The exam only had 2 candidates myself and that friend who you love to hate. He said as we were going in to the exam "My nose is starting to blead" he told the invigilator and I was waiting to start the paper as he sat at the back of the exam room, I turned back to see how he was and he smiled smugly. At 9:05 I started alone. Eventually 39 minutes into an hour long paper he started after his nose bleed stopped. I spoke to him an hour later and I asked him about it, he said " I only had a nose blead for 5 minutes, I was trying to get special consideration" Its not even like he is fighting for a C either, He is an A* student. He is one of those smug people who want`s to better than you and will not stop at any cost. He even missed his first controlled assesment as he pretended to be sick , so he could revise longer,two months ago as he thought I would do better than him. He even said this.
What should I do? Should I report him?
Thanks
Not realy cheating. You are a bitter child. Focus on bettering yourself and drop the jelousy. Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by David Trollope
I had my last exam today and its a bit of long story but i`m not sure what to do.
The exam only had 2 candidates myself and that friend who you love to hate. He said as we were going in to the exam "My nose is starting to blead" he told the invigilator and I was waiting to start the paper as he sat at the back of the exam room, I turned back to see how he was and he smiled smugly. At 9:05 I started alone. Eventually 39 minutes into an hour long paper he started after his nose bleed stopped. I spoke to him an hour later and I asked him about it, he said " I only had a nose blead for 5 minutes, I was trying to get special consideration" Its not even like he is fighting for a C either, He is an A* student. He is one of those smug people who want`s to better than you and will not stop at any cost. He even missed his first controlled assesment as he pretended to be sick , so he could revise longer,two months ago as he thought I would do better than him. He even said this.
What should I do? Should I report him?
Thanks

since when does
putting yourself at a disadvantge=cheating????

he's just a big ego and wants to show it off xD just ignore it
No don't report him. He didn't exactly cheat.

Tbh he sounds very smart under high pressure situations, the stupid part was trusting you with that information.
Original post by dskinner
since when does
putting yourself at a disadvantge=cheating????

he's just a big ego and wants to show it off xD just ignore it

Okay thanks.
I wasn`t sure if there was some obligation to report any irregularity or attempted cheating as I thought that if he had been given special consideration he would be at an advantage.
Original post by David Trollope

What should I do?

Nothing. It's simply going to be your word against his. Do you have any solid evidence that he cheated?

Should I report him?

No. You would cause drama for no reason.
nah dont be a snake
Snitches get stitches
Original post by Kondoreo7
Not realy cheating. You are a bitter child. Focus on bettering yourself and drop the jelousy. Good luck.

I`m not really jealous for him, in fact good for him he`s smart. But bitterness might be true as it is kind of annoying having a smug little brat rub in your face his 1 UMS mark higher when he is trying to pull of this kind of stunt ,Has he done this before? Smart idea if anything. Just wondering what others would do and advice on it. In fact it was my parent`s idea to report him. I won`t report him now as it didn`t work.
Original post by ExplosivePanda_
Snitches get stitches

I hate snitches also, but as I said earlier I was not sure if there was some obligation to share the information if it was known. I heared exam boards are rather fussy in respect to this.
I probably should mention that the invigilator seemed rather supsect of this. And she has to write a report about why his exam was staretd late.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest