The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys this might be a bit of a stupid question, but when it comes to differential equations with trignometry, how do you know if it degrees or radian mode??
I'm technically in year 12 since I'm resisting most modules, does anybody know if I can retake C4 if I don't do well enough?
Original post by kosvengali
Posted from TSR Mobile

Could someone explain to me integration by recognition?

It is literally just using your knowledge of "standard" integrals or derivatives to get an integral. For instance if you see something like (7x + 1)^2, you know that this will have integral (7x + 1)^3 multiplied by some constant, and all you need to do is find that constant. (to demonstrate, by the chain rule and standard derivatives, the derivative of (7x + 1)^3 is 3*7*(7x + 1)^2 = 21(7x + 1)^2, so to get the desired outcome you would have to multiply by 1/21)
Original post by NotoriousS
Have you got any examples of what you mean?

Do you mean reverse chain rule???
Original post by BrainJuice
I'm technically in year 12 since I'm resisting most modules, does anybody know if I can retake C4 if I don't do well enough?

Yes you can
Original post by ombtom
Never switch them.

can you not switch them nd multiply everything by -1?
Original post by lordoftheties
Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 20.35.15.png For part b, why cant I just change my y and x into sin^2(t) and Cos^(t) and input the values of x into the Sin^2(x) Cos^2(x) identity? The mark scheme has a different method and a different answer. Im sure Ive used the method I mentioned before and got them right...

What paper is that?
Original post by Engineerrookie
Hi guys this might be a bit of a stupid question, but when it comes to differential equations with trignometry, how do you know if it degrees or radian mode??

When integrating and differentiating ALWAYS use radians as its the standard unit.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466711227.425648.jpg
Anyone explain how you get from the 2(4ln2)^2 value to 32(ln2)^2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, for this exam, do we need to memorise formulas for volumes and surface areas (i.e. for cones and other 3d shapes)? or are they always given in the question
Original post by M&F
No I Dont think it does I think You have to always do the OC - A where A is the given vector and C is what you are trying to find.

Its dosent work if you do A - OC

Well the vector A + 5AC = A + 5(OC - OA) is clearly equal to the vector A -5(-AC) = A -5(OA-OC)
Original post by kelvin1338
Guys, for this exam, do we need to memorise formulas for volumes and surface areas (i.e. for cones and other 3d shapes)? or are they always given in the question

that kind of stuff should be given
Original post by kelvin1338

They are all given and some are even on the formula sheet
Original post by Ben4
can you not switch them nd multiply everything by -1?

I think you can do that, yeah.
help.PNG

Can someone please explain how to integrate this?? I know it's probably easy but please explain the steps.

Thanks.
Anyone else given up by this point?
Original post by virufa
help.PNG

Can someone please explain how to integrate this?? I know it's probably easy but please explain the steps.

Thanks.

Partial fractions then integrate
Original post by virufa
help.PNG

Thanks.

split it into partial fractions
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Well the vector A + 5AC = A + 5(OC - OA) is clearly equal to the vector A -5(-AC) = A -5(OA-OC)

yh I know but try to do this question 7c in this paper you will see what I mean you cant I do A-OC you have to do OC - A.

If you do understand that please let me know I dont get it. I might be missing something
https://5c59854d0ccd29d489c9e5e689a8bbadf49aa0f0.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYREhxMHhfam1IQm8/for-Edexcel/Solomon%20J%20QP%20-%20C4%20Edexcel.pdf
Original post by virufa
help.PNG

Thanks.

You make partial fraction 2/p(p-2)= A/p+B/p-2
and the integrate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending