The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChanceFighter
The 2016 one.
Attached below. (hopefully)

Is there are mark scheme yet?
I dont understand how this happens , can anyone help ?
Original post by particlestudent
Is there are mark scheme yet?

I have some model solutions for the C4 questions only, done by my teacher if you want to check the final answer and a possible way of solving.

@Marccs Might be of some help.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey, does anyone have a compiled list of formulas / proofs (that aren't in the formula booklet) that we need to know for the exam. Much appreciated.
I have some model solutions for the C4 questions only, done by my teacher if you want to check the final answer and a possible way of solving.

Thanks, will do this tomorrow morning before leaving :smile:. I'll get 6 hours sleep, I'm sure that's enough :biggrin:
Original post by Marccs
I dont understand how this happens , can anyone help ?

20ln(h) is the same as 10(2ln(h)). 2ln(h) is ln(h^2) so it's 10ln(h^2). Then combine with the other log with the addition rule.
Anyone know if it's likely that the C4 questions from the C34 June 2016 IAL will come up tomorrow or similar?
I am NOT ready for this exam but I seriously need to sleep...
Original post by Whizbox
Anyone know if it's likely that the C4 questions from the C34 June 2016 IAL will come up tomorrow or similar?

Well the C3 questions on the C34 paper were more or less identical to the C3 questions in the normal paper, so it wouldn't hurt to know how to do them.
Original post by Questioner1234
Where can I find this IAL paper????

Posted from TSR Mobile

The 2016 one.
Attached below. (hopefully)

There ya go.
(edited 7 years ago)
For Vectors, how do you find the reflection of a point in a line?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are the proofs we have to know for c4?
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
@13 1 20 8 42 For the last part of this question : okay.JPG I set up a differential equation in dh/dt and separated the variables to find the value of h at t = 8 and then subbed it into my equation for dh/dt. This gave me the correct answer, but I don't really get how the mark scheme has done it?

Attachment not found
Good luck for tomorrow everyone! Hope you are all well rested and prepared
what do you get when you take ln of e^5x + e^7 + e^5
Original post by Don Pedro K.
@13 1 20 8 42 For the last part of this question : okay.JPG I set up a differential equation in dh/dt and separated the variables to find the value of h at t = 8 and then subbed it into my equation for dh/dt. This gave me the correct answer, but I don't really get how the mark scheme has done it?

Attachment not found

Well instead of using the value of t they've simply used the value of V at that time which is easily found as the rate of change of volume is constant
Original post by Don Pedro K.

Attachment not found

What paper is that?
Original post by TriggaNigga
what do you get when you take ln of e^5x + e^7 + e^5

I guess you would end up with 5x + 7+5 which is equal to 5x+12
did the c34 paper - the c4 qns were eaaaaassssy (scarily so infact, they aer never like that - 2015 was a mare - and i have to retake as a result)
Original post by Mattematics
What paper is that?

Solomon Paper J I believe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending