The Student Room Group

Edexcel S4 - Friday 24th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

I actually had a thought - How do you we do power and size tests with a normal distribution? Have a feeling this is gonna screw me tomorrow
Original post by tazza ma razza
I actually had a thought - How do you we do power and size tests with a normal distribution? Have a feeling this is gonna screw me tomorrow

You'd do it in terms of the phi (cumulative distribution) function for the normal distribution. With quite a few inequalities :tongue:

Φ(Z)=Φ(Xμσ)\displaystyle \Phi(Z) = \Phi\left(\dfrac{X - \mu}{\sigma}\right)

I doubt they'd expect it
Original post by Euclidean
You'd do it in terms of the phi (cumulative distribution) function for the normal distribution. With quite a few inequalities :tongue:

Φ(Z)=Φ(Xμσ)\displaystyle \Phi(Z) = \Phi\left(\dfrac{X - \mu}{\sigma}\right)

I doubt they'd expect it

OK - would you use the percentage points for the critical region? Or like the method used in S2?
OK - would you use the percentage points for the critical region? Or like the method used in S2?

Percentage points (or whatever the second 'nice' table is called! :tongue:)
Reply 124
apart from june 11, what is a hard paper?

I think grade boundaries will be:

100 - 75
90 - 69
80 - 64

June 2013 R maybe 2015?
Original post by 130398
June 2013 R maybe 2015?

cool just did 2015 - got 65 (got the last 8 marks wrong and then made another 2 marks of rounding errors)

Boundary wise tho, seems about right doesn't it?

Question 7 of June 2013 R uses type II error with normal. I'm currently looking through the mark scheme trying to work out what the heck is going on.
Original post by electrifeye
Question 7 of June 2013 R uses type II error with normal. I'm currently looking through the mark scheme trying to work out what the heck is going on.

awesome - i will do that paper after the current one im doing
can someone link the june 13r paper? I can't open the pdf from the website!
The F tables have values for v_1 and v_2 at infinity, do we use these if our v values are very large?

Posted from TSR Mobile
can someone link the june 13r paper? I can't open the pdf from the website!

Find all the papers here: http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/s4-edexcel/

Original post by Euclidean
The F tables have values for v_1 and v_2 at infinity, do we use these if our v values are very large?
I think that's what they're for, not sure why else they'd be there
providing they dont ask an aids qn on ch1 like a batty intergration with a pdf i think we are good.

Hoping for minimum 75%
providing they dont ask an aids qn on ch1 like a batty intergration with a pdf i think we are good.

Hoping for minimum 75%

I agree, that's pretty much the only tricky part to a paper.

Hoping for minimum 75%

That cracked me up 😂😂

In all seriousness though every paper is the same pretty much they never ask anything new. I'm hoping I can get 90% and bring up my FP2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by ragreener1
That cracked me up 😂😂

In all seriousness though every paper is the same pretty much they never ask anything new. I'm hoping I can get 90% and bring up my FP2

power and size etc is a breeze - so is estimating etc however the 7 marks where it all comes from the pdf is gonna tear me a new one i can just tell looool

C4 as well first is just gonna piss on the parade as well
power and size etc is a breeze - so is estimating etc however the 7 marks where it all comes from the pdf is gonna tear me a new one i can just tell looool

C4 as well first is just gonna piss on the parade as well

Yeah that's true, in isolation on my own for three hours inbetween :frown:
Yeah that's true, in isolation on my own for three hours inbetween :frown:

yuo must be doing ial? i have c4 at 9 and then s4 at 10:45
yuo must be doing ial? i have c4 at 9 and then s4 at 10:45

Nope s4 isn't on IAL. I've got C4 at 9:30 then as my sixth form will only do two exam sessions I have to wait supervised by an invigilator until 2pm when I've got S4

Nope s4 isn't on IAL. I've got C4 at 9:30 then as my sixth form will only do two exam sessions I have to wait supervised by an invigilator until 2pm when I've got S4

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL sorry to hear that man aha
How did pple find it?
Q1 was so long. What was your guys test statistic?
Q2 was your test statistic 1.511?
There was at algebra this which was lovely
I had n>1 iff n^2+2n>3n giving the best estimator.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending