People are commenting on Facebook (yeah lolzy I know) that that may be the case

Just to clear this up once and for all.
Reply 1
Original post by tootles44
Is my vote voided?

Just to clear this up once and for all.

I would not think so, if it is marked correctly with a cross
Nope, the votes are just counted by real people and if there's a cross in the box it counts.
Reply 3
Original post by M14B
I would not think so, if it is marked correctly with a cross

Prefer a conclusive answer, thanks anyway.
Only if it smudged, therefore causing doubt. If it was a regular ball point this is unlikely to be the case
Reply 5
Original post by Star Light
Nope, the votes are just counted by real people and if there's a cross in the box it counts.

ok phew

Some people were saying how pencil is used because the ink may not dry and if it makes a mark in the other box it won't count. I used a ballpoint and not an ink pen if that helps any
Reply 6
Provided you made a mark entirely within the box, then your vote is valid
Well apparently to leave supporters, if you voted leave then it will be voided, conversely if you voted to remain it would be fine. So OP, who did you vote for? :biggrin:
ok phew

Some people were saying how pencil is used because the ink may not dry and if it makes a mark in the other box it won't count. I used a ballpoint and not an ink pen if that helps any

Yeah that sounds unlikely, especially with ballpoint... if somehow you got the faintest trace of a smudge in the other box (which would only happen if you yourself violently squeezed the paper immediately after writing), it would likely be read correctly. I think you're safe!

Those people are idiots.
Reply 10
Original post by Duncan2012
Those people are idiots.

All remainers for what it's worth.
The people who said that are just teasing you. Probably because they find it funny that you felt the need to bring your own pen.
Reply 12
lol anyone who did that are mentally deranged
Reply 13
Original post by RayApparently
The people who said that are just teasing you. Probably because they find it funny that you felt the need to bring your own pen.

They were general comments, not directed at me specifically.
They were general comments, not directed at me specifically.

Then they were teasing the conspiracy theorist lot on social media. It's just a joke. As long as the ink doesn't smudge (or worse, imprint on the other box) it will be counted.

Quick Reply