The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 4 (ECON4) June 23rd OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Edminzodo
Oh, right. And I'm sorry to hear that. What grade are you aiming for? I'm sure it went better than you think it did!

A :smile:
Unit 1 2 and 3 im pretty sure were As but this exam may have brought my grade down.. wbu?
Original post by BirdIsWord
Unit 1 2 and 3 im pretty sure were As but this exam may have brought my grade down.. wbu?

I want an A as well. Hopefully a high A in Units 2 and 4 to balance out the disaster that was Unit 3! What's your university offer?
Original post by jaymistry233
I'm sure I calculated it between the time period stated in the question (1st August 2015 - 16th August 2015). The answer was +3.1%

Yeah that's what I got
Original post by jampot98
If I can see a picture of the exam then I can be sure if it asked over the whole period or just part of it.

I'm 100% certain it wasn't the whole period
Original post by BirdIsWord

Oi I thought you said you ****ed unit 3? XD
Original post by Alextaylor6
I'm 100% certain it wasn't the whole period

Yh I'm pretty sure I got it wrong
Yh I'm pretty sure I got it wrong

Oh well only 2-3 marks
for context 2 - i ran out of time so couldn't do fiscal :frown:

but did monetary from lower roi transmission mechanism ^ confidence demand and employment as a result etc is this ok?

did supply side too so 2 points but no fiscal
Oh well only 2-3 marks

Yh I'm happy the rest of the paper went really well though
Yh I'm happy the rest of the paper went really well though

Good good
Reply 330
I did Context 2 but for the 25 mark question:

I didn't realise what the exact demand-side policies were to reduce unemployment. So, I looked at the extract and I saw that EU countries are exporting more UK goods, and I talked about that an increase in exports will shift the AD curve outwards, then that there will not be enough employees so firms will look to increase the number of workers they have and if economic growth is sustained in this country and PED of our exports is high there will be a decrease in unemployment quickly whereas with supply-side policies, there would be a time lag.

Then I went onto talk about supply-side policies in a separate paragraph.

How many marks would I get for that bearing in mind it wasn't an example of demand-side policy?

Also, what points of comparisons did people make for the 5 mark question on Context 2 because there was nothing significantly different.
Oi I thought you said you ****ed unit 3? XD

Looking back i didnt do THAT bad, and most people talked about the same stuff i did, so im feeling better. Either way, 90% in AS and 70% in A2 gets me dat A
Original post by PK927
I did Context 2 but for the 25 mark question:

I didn't realise what the exact demand-side policies were to reduce unemployment. So, I looked at the extract and I saw that EU countries are exporting more UK goods, and I talked about that an increase in exports will shift the AD curve outwards, then that there will not be enough employees so firms will look to increase the number of workers they have and if economic growth is sustained in this country and PED of our exports is high there will be a decrease in unemployment quickly whereas with supply-side policies, there would be a time lag.

Then I went onto talk about supply-side policies in a separate paragraph.

How many marks would I get for that bearing in mind it wasn't an example of demand-side policy?

Also, what points of comparisons did people make for the 5 mark question on Context 2 because there was nothing significantly different.

It is based on levels not marks so an unbalanced discussion is likely to be L3 (no demand side + supply side policy) assuming the question is on demand side and supply side policies
Reply 333
Can anyone remind me what the 25 marker was on the first context?
Original post by joem_09
Can anyone remind me what the 25 marker was on the first context?

How can the use of monetary policy be used to manage the exchange rate to meet macroeconomic objectives?
Or something along those lines

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 335
How can the use of monetary policy be used to manage the exchange rate to meet macroeconomic objectives?
Or something along those lines

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great, thanks!
Can anyone remember what the 25 marker was question 08, something to with actual rate of inflation being below the bank of england target ?
Original post by Browns10
Can anyone remember what the 25 marker was question 08, something to with actual rate of inflation being below the bank of england target ?

This was the exact question
Evaluate the possible consequences for the performance of the UK economy of the actual rate of inflation being below the Monetary Policy Committee’s (MPC’s) target rate.
Reply 338
Hey I know it's a bit late but HAS ANYONE BOTHERED REMARKING UNIT 3 OR UNIT4? and what was your result, really unsure about which unit to remark

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending