The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

The UK is so different across regions that the only real answer is a federal system much like the one in Switzerland.
Original post by Evilstr99
Newcastle has declared. It is very close.
Remain: 65,404
Leave: 63,598
A dangerously close call, indeed.

Thought there was going to be a flurry after Newcastle and Orkney. Seems to have gone dry.
Original post by welshiee
The UK is so different across regions that the only real answer is a federal system much like the one in Switzerland.

seriously what does reactionary mean
Original post by Aj12
One of the most important votes and we only get a 68% turnout. Barely higher than the general

North East is famous for low turnouts generally.
Nuneaton and Bedworth will vote to leave I think. Places with large numbers of graduates who stay on after Uni like Newcastle will probably vote to remain. Sheffield I expect will also vote to remain. However places like Sunderland will vote leave I reckon
Original post by welshiee

A bit like devolution you mean?
Original post by jneill
A bit like devolution you mean?

Well, pretty much, but a lot more is required. A centralised government is not going to help when a nation is so massively divided on key issues like this one.
Damnit I was planning on an early post-exam bedtime but here I am tearing my eyes out in stress.
Farage doesn't do as well in general election 2015 as he hopes: resigns then unresigns

Farage is worried about referendum 2016 result: concedes, unconcedes then semiconcedes.

Sounds like bad sex.
Original post by Sun_Bear
Despite the polls this is extremely encouraging..

The papers were wrong to say that the polls were favouring Remain at the end. There were actually an equal number of Remain and Leave favoured polls in the final two days. They were all over the shop just as they have been for the last 10 days.

The only thing anyone can fairly say at this point is that it's a coin toss, and that Newcastle is good news for Leave. Remain hasn't had any such news yet
NO MATTER WHAT I LOVE YOU ENGLAND!!!! :adore:

I'm going to scream with my neighbours now. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Oh dear, this could possibly be a leave vote.
GDP/USD sinking like a concrete brick now. :smile: :smile: :smile:
Where's sunderland at?
Original post by neal95
Nuneaton and Bedworth will vote to leave I think. Places with large numbers of graduates who stay on after Uni like Newcastle will probably vote to remain. Sheffield I expect will also vote to remain. However places like Sunderland will vote leave I reckon

haven't sunderland already voted remain by a huge amount?

oh wait that was gibraltar sorry
Original post by Thutmose-III
The papers were wrong to say that the polls were favouring Remain at the end. There were actually an equal number of Remain and Leave favoured polls in the final two days. They were all over the shop just as they have been for the last 10 days.

The only thing anyone can fairly say at this point is that it's a coin toss, and that Newcastle is good news for Leave. Remain hasn't had any such news yet

The difference was because leave leaning were online whilst remain leading were phone polls. Leave has defied the odds at nearly every stage, just need 1 more!!
Orkney has announced that they will REMAIN. 63.2/36.8%
68.3% turnout, not surprised.
Wish they'd have a better remainer on than this woman, she's useless.
Word of wisdom from Paddy Ashdown.

"Even if the majority is one vote accept it and move on"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending