The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

I always liked the Irish.
Original post by Cherry82
This is random but for some strange reason, I read that as " Aldgate East is the biggest bae ever, I love her. " I was like, damn daniel- her name is Aldgate East. Splendid. :tongue:

Aldgate East tube station is alright, been there once. :biggrin:
Reply 382
Original post by welshiee
Why not? The thought of loads of politicians losing their lovely jobs and expenses sounds wonderful to me. I hope they all have to enter the real world and then maybe they'll have to suffer through the ills of every other employee or SME owner just trying to get by. Leaving the EU would be one layer removed and finally Cameron and co. would not have any excuses to cover themselves and would be held to account on everything. That will be great because we can then get rid of the Conservatives and put in a government that serves the electorate, as intended.

As someone with Old Labour values I will rejoice and see it as a win for the people if leave wins. Like I said previously, I do not give a damn if the pound becomes weaker. I want to live in a UK again whereby I feel safe leaving my door open and society is far more equal, one that has Old Labour values and one that is led by politicians of the same mould as Tony Benn. This is only the first step and nobody said it would be easy but if leave wins tonight, the people will have spoken.

You cannot view a national decision like this through the impact on party politics. Frankly if that is your primary reason then I'd have to say you have a very childish zero sum view of national issues. It is almost as bad as the idiots who voted for Scottish independence solely because they did not like Cameron. He'll be gone in two years, the repercussions from today could last decades.
Foyle has declared their vote, 78/22% in favour for remain. Remain is in the lead again
Guys so far, leavers are ahead but it could change again as previously it was the remain votes that skyrocketed. At this point, it's so close that any thing could happen:

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=eu+referendum+poll+latest
Original post by Evilstr99
It's confirmed. Clackmannanshire has declared to remain. 57.8/42.2%

If Scotland as a whole is anywhere near 55% remain then Leave will be very pleased.

Original post by Fullofsurprises
Assuming London and Scotland go heavily for Remain as predicted, it will be decided by which way Manchester and Birmingham go.

Aye. I'd also suggest that South Yorkshire could be interesting, very Labour but not at all pro immigrant. A good pool of voters there too.
Original post by Aj12
Boris and Gove, the men of the people....

Remain. I'm not fond of the EU as it is and I'm sympathetic to some of the more lucid Leave arguments, but on balance better in than out

Cameron and Osbourne... Men of the people.

I'd probably agree with you. But deep down the fact we can get rid of Tory governments is a factor. I duuunnoo. Just seeing what happens at the moment. Either way come tommorow morning I will probably be dissapointed :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fullofsurprises
London independence Referendum, coming next.

London will never be an independent city-state. It has been the capital of England for the last thousand years, and much of its commerce comes from being the metropolis of the British hinterland. It couldn't survive being dependent only on international trade.
This is going to be so close. A predicted 78% Remain in Lewisham is insane.
Good job foyle. Let's keep this lead
Reply 390
I wonder if this is going to see saw right up until the end.
Come on leave!!!!

Lol they now got Ed on talking about labour :P

I do think David Cameron has not helped the remain vote.
Boris for PM pls
Isles of Scilly vote in
Original post by Sun_Bear
SKY NEWS: Remain camp now extremely worried "Wales may have bitten the hand that feeds them" AHAHAHA

It's true that Wales gets a good amount of regional EU funding as a lower income area, but that's all money we've paid to the EU anyway so it's not like the EU is giving free money to Wales. Wales is just getting a proportion of the money the UK pays to the EU back
Original post by SMEGGGY
Phew Foyle bring us up to lead by 19.952

It'll be up n down like a whores knickers

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're right. Doubt I'd be able to sleep even if I intended to. Too much at stake.
Original post by tootles44
What do you mean? :K:

There's a few million votes in London, mostly for Remain.
Original post by Sun_Bear
SKY NEWS: Remain camp now extremely worried "Wales may have bitten the hand that feeds them" AHAHAHA

loooooooool typical
Original post by physicsphysics91
Boris for PM pls

**** off you melt. He'll **** us up! Leave now you traitor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsphysics91
Boris for PM pls

No.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending