The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
All the local polls were wrong by 3% apparently.

in favour of whom, do you know?
Original post by Naveed-7
Im from Birmingham. The results for Birmingham will be at 3:04 I think.
Come on Vote Leave, lets Take Back Control of our country.

No irrelevant videos to post Nav?
Original post by Midlander
A fellow scientist in a similar boat.

What, exactly, do you perceive the EU does for science - in research or industry - for the UK? Because I'm fairly certain that whatever benefit you think it brings, it probably isn't anything to do with the EU.

Original post by Snufkin
If leave win it will be a victory for ignorance, hate and fear. I hope things pick up for remain, feeling very sad right now.

What crap. If leave win, it'll be a victory for democracy, self-determination and the notion that we are vaguely competent of governing ourselves. Just because some prick put up posters about immigration doesn't mean he gets into power if the normal sane people of the UK want to be outside of a political union. The campaign for votes is over, no need to spew the crap anymore.
(edited 7 years ago)
North Antrim result:
Remain: 37.8% (18,782)
Leave: 62.2% (30,938)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bigger turnouts in the working class sections voting leave, lower turn outs in London/Scotland.
Original post by Audrey18
Are you referring to the money earned by the forum owners for tonight? Are you a shareholder?

Scotland cannot be asking for independence and then not only request for money from Westminster to be thrown over Hadrian's wall but be able to vote on English laws that affect English citizens. You cannot have your cake and eat it.

The British economy crashed a long time ago. The reason why UK is still surviving is because of its higher taxation system. So you should be thanking the ultra rich people in UK. At least many are willing to pay their taxes up promptly which sustains the free medical, free education right up to sixth form and the availability of an array of generous monetary benefits.

In other first world countries, there's no such thing as welfare benefits. In other first world countries, if you have no money, you will have to go out and seek work. If you have no house, the government will rent it to you at a subsidized rate and once you have been on a job for a year or so, the home is returned to the government and you will be asked to purchase a home with your new salary.

So in essense what I'm telling you is you should be fortunate to be British. The welfare system doesn't exist anywhere else in the first world countries.

You must be new to the BBC. David received several complaints about his hosting performance in the last General Elections. His style of questioning right now seems to suggest he did indeed receive the memo from the BBC higher-ups.

EXACTLY! The vast majority of people in this forum have only lived through times when our economy in reality is not growing (Since the early 90s). It's just all hidden very nicely.

Take the 2006 UK economy for example. GDP 'grew' + 49.7bn Gov debt increased by +£36.5bn. Private debt increased by 103bn. So 49 - 36.5 - 103bn = -£89.8bn
However the debt is not counted for some reason. That is akin to buying 500 new cars and scrapping them because you have run out scrap. This picture is replicated across the entire EU, btw.
Original post by cbreef
The irony....

how is that ironic?
I am thinking less of EU partners and more of the Americans/Japanese and so on who have been crystal clear about the consequences. At best there will be no appreciable benefit for the average Joe, so what is the point? Really, what is the point?

Plenty of benefit for the establishment. Cameron actually renegotiates a better deal on EFTA sort of terms whilst not being part of the EU and it would deliver a hammer blow to UKIP as many would be appeased by that as there are going to be a proportion who are voting leave as they want a better deal. It would also be a hammer blow to Farage who wants to leave completely.

I don't expect the EU to walk away from the table. They didn't with Ireland, they didn't with Denmark and they didn't with Greece, even considering how dire the situation is there. There is too much risk involved in doing so for all concerned.

As for the threats, utter posturing.
Original post by Inexorably
Any of you trying to predict the overall result at tjis point in time are barking mad.

Probably - but what else are we to do.

Cry?
Ed West:

Being a reluctant and confused leave voter, I'm personally slightly unnerved by the prospect we might actually win. That scary graph showing the pound falling doesn't suggest good times are around the corner, but it all depends on whether London can make up for leave's strong performance in the provinces. I wrote a while back that London should separate from the union, sort of in jest, but this referendum is showing a growing gulf.

The thing is, it was raining today in London and this is now being blamed for the relatively low turn out in the capital. It was often said in the past that Britain avoided revolution because of its weather, which could normally be relied upon to rain on any insurgents. But if Britain left the EU because it rained, that would be very British indeed.

I share his sentiments.
Original post by Rakas21
Been chatting to my taxi drivers over the last week and while most were voting In they certainly had no love for the Turks or eastern Europeans.

What do these terrible Turkish immigrants do exactly, apart from open shops and businesses? :curious:
The fat hypocrite who loves being in a union with Germans and Poles but despises his next door neighbours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean this could trigger another referendum. He's losing weight lol. The UK and EU are vastly different unions
Original post by Snufkin
If leave win it will be a victory for ignorance, hate and fear. I hope things pick up for remain, feeling very sad right now.

don't forget 'going against the establishment' because thats an awesome way to decide everything
Original post by jneill
Probably - but what else are we to do.

Cry?

Disavow and embrace the leave train.
Lagan Valley result:
Remain: 46.9% (22,710)
Leave: 53.1% (25,704)

Dundee votes to remain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im off to sleep now. Its nice to see the workimg class really screwing themselves over in this referendum.

Hopefully remain picks up the pace.
Are any other remainers feeling physically sick...
Lagan Valley, #EUref result:
Remain: 46.9% (22,710)
Leave: 53.1% (25,704)
DUNDEE has voted to REMAIN
40/60%
Gap narrows to 12,878. LEAVE still leads.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 579
Original post by tootles44
in favour of whom, do you know?

Remain obviously. So it's possible that we will see 51-49 in favour of Leave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending