The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welshiee
That's just your viewpoint. My viewpoint is that if remain win it will be a win for bureaucrats, corporatism, lobbyists and anyone who is in support of a European superstate.

To suggest its through ignorance, hate and fear is ludicrous. I have met only one remain campaigner who actually has a clue about how the EU is structured and can name a number of EU bureaucrats. The vast majority are voting remain purely to spite the people they hate like Farage.

My viewpoint is that the pound is tumbling as a direct consequence of a Leave vote.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Snufkin
If leave win it will be a victory for ignorance, hate and fear. I hope things pick up for remain, feeling very sad right now.

Echoing this exactly.
Original post by Midlander
Yes the EU is far bigger and Scotland has far less of a say. The main difference is those nasty English. It is hypocrisy of gigantic proportions, particularly when you hear the pro EU arguments of SNP politicians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's not. You seriously think we would cut ourselves off from England? We don't hate the English, far from it. We just want a better deal. Ideal scenario, Max devolution but that's never gonna happen
I have personally worked alongside people whose research funding comes from EU grants like the Marie Curie fellowship. A lot of the work done in our universities comes from these sources and is of immense benefit to our R+D sector. That funding will cease after leaving.

What nonsense. The UK is a net contributor to the EU and I say that as someone currently living in mainland Europe, and someone who has voted by proxy.
Original post by cbreef
Foreigners wanting to limit immigration.... how is that not ironic?

Maybe they have first hand experience on how damaging non-integrating foreigners, and those who are hostile to the country, are to the country.
Original post by tootles44
I just hope this isn't us just peaking early, how sorely disappointing and demoralising would that be :frown:

Yes the pound might recover what a tragedy that would be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who is Pumped up here? I am on the edge of my seat every time it refreshes
Original post by AperfectBalance
Limiting is better FOR EVERYONE. Sure shutting borders is bad but limits secure the safety of everyone black,white, Asian, European No matter what you are

I'm not going to counter your claim. I'm just commenting on how ironic it is
Original post by MrDystopia
Echoing this exactly.

Its a vote for independence, anti-establishment sentiment and progress.
Maybe they have first hand experience on how damaging non-integrating foreigners, and those who are hostile to the country, are to the country.

or maybe they have another reason other than eu immigrants you know

Still ironic though....
Reply 611
Original post by _Dreamville_
Lagan Valley result:
Remain: 46.9% (22,710)
Leave: 53.1% (25,704)

Dundee votes to remain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Newsflash: If someone can access TSR, they can also access BBC News
Original post by cbreef
No, it's not. You seriously think we would cut ourselves off from England? We don't hate the English, far from it. We just want a better deal. Ideal scenario, Max devolution but that's never gonna happen

FYI I voted in the Scottish referendum and lived there for 8 years so don't talk to me like I know nothing about the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just signed up to add to this discussion.

I'll say I am so glad of the results so far... liberal tears are delicious.
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
or maybe they have another reason other than eu immigrants you know

Like what?
Original post by AperfectBalance
Who is Pumped up here? I am on the edge of my seat every time it refreshes

Same. I think being pumped up is keeping me up :biggrin:
FYI I voted in the Scottish referendum and lived there for 8 years so don't talk to me like I know nothing about the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did I do that? lol I was actually assuming you were Scottish
Reply 617
I have personally worked alongside people whose research funding comes from EU grants like the Marie Curie fellowship. A lot of the work done in our universities comes from these sources and is of immense benefit to our R+D sector. That funding will cease after leaving.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Government can increase Research Councils funding.
Original post by James.Carnell

Regarding your ridiculous suggestion that we can simply just export skills... we're not Singapore. We have 61 million people in this country that demand a baseline level of living (healthcare, pensions etc etc).

Ridiculous. The UK has a vast educated white collar population that has its claws in multiple industries. Services could be sold without issue.

My viewpoint is that the pound is tumbling as a direct consequence of a Leave vote.

Yes, it is, but it is not the apocalyptic issue that many on the remain side believe it is. There are also positives to the value of a currency dropping. Just ask many countries across the EU that have purposely chosen to devalue their currency. Do you see them worrying about economic growth now? Of course not. Some are actually outperforming the UK in terms of economic growth so it just goes to show that the scaremongers are full of rubbish.
Original post by welshiee
What nonsense. The UK is a net contributor to the EU and I say that as someone currently living in mainland Europe, and someone who has voted by proxy.

It isn't nonsense there is research that is funded specifically by EU grants, a lot of research. Not in the EU, you don't get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending