The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Audrey18
Why did David Dimbleby say that 'people with degrees voted Remain'?

I think tiredness is hitting him - i.e slip on the tongue.

I believe he is referring to the fact that students are far more likely to vote Remain...

Im might be wrong though.
Reply 1121
Original post by welshiee
We're not. Like the rest of the UK, outside of London and the South East, London does it for us. That is why there's a revolt.

Does what?
Now Scotland is out of the way...

Runnymede voted to leave 2 minutes ago

Eastbourne voted to leave 2 minutes ago

Bridgend voted to leave 2 minutes ago

Surrey Heath voted to leave 3 minutes ago

Mole Valley voted to remain 3 minutes ago

West Somerset voted to leave 4 minutes ago

Forest of Dean voted to leave 4 minutes ago

Rother voted to leave 5 minutes ago

Castle Point voted to leave 7 minutes ago

Maidstone voted to leave 7 minutes ago

Majority >10%
RemainLeave
I got a master's degree in Engineering, I voted leave.
**** this is on a knife edge.
Original post by Audrey18
Why did David Dimbleby say that 'people with degrees voted Remain'?

He didn't mean every person with a degree voted Remain :facepalm:

He was talking about overall.

1466734241371.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
Does what?

London shits on the rest of the UK. Its why the vast majority of places outside of London are voting to leave. Scotland wont because its deluded.
Original post by _BigDawg_Bruh
Youn can ban people you disagree with on this forum, but you ain't gonna do it in the referendum, where it really matters.....

So phuck you!

I wouldn't ban you because I disagree with you. I'd ban you for being foul mouthed and utterly vile in your criticism of the working class
West Wales has voted to leave.
Reply 1129
Original post by MrDystopia
Now that would've been awkward the other way :lol:

:biggrin:
I got a master's degree in Engineering, I voted leave.

Masters degree is astrophysics, voted leave. Its all the ology students voting remain.
Reply 1131
Original post by welshiee
London shits on the rest of the UK. Its why the vast majority of places outside of London are voting to leave. Scotland wont because its deluded.

What relevance does leaving have to the influence of London over the rest of the UK?

Oldham out (Yorjshire/Manchester border).
Original post by cbreef
I wouldn't ban you because I disagree with you. I'd ban you for being foul mouthed and utterly vile in your criticism of the working class

I am not criticising the working class... I grew up in a working class area and now live in an upper middle class area.

I laughed at them and told them that they are completely out of touch with this country. Also set up a few interesting bets.
Leave hits the 5,000,000 mark!!
Original post by Rakas21

Oldham out (Yorjshire/Manchester border).

Sorry, to clarify, are you for out?

I remember seeing hesitant posts from you, and I'm not sure I saw you declare one way or the other.
Reply 1136
Leave has a 400K lead in Scotland.
I am not criticising the working class... I grew up in a working class area and now live in an upper middle class area.

I laughed at them and told them that they are completely out of touch with this country. Also set up a few interesting bets.

The way you described immigrants is enough in my eyes for at least a warning mate.
John Curtice: Remain overperformances in London do not look to be sufficient to overwhelm the Leave overperformances in the North and the midlands.
Original post by RobML
What relevance does leaving have to the influence of London over the rest of the UK?

Because people want to take back control, and this is the first step to holding those in Westminster to account. If they are the sole governors of the country they can be held to account rather than make excuses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending