The Student Room Group

Physics

The relative molecular mass of Argon is 38. What is the mass of one argon molecule/atom
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

The relative molecular mass gives the mass (in grams) of 1 mole... So, for Argon, there's 38/1000 kg per mole. As there are 6.02x10^23 molecules in a mole, the mass per molecule must be (38/1000)x(1/6.02x10^23)... (I don't have a calculator on me to say what that is). Hope this helps :smile:
Hello any suggestions on how to achieve the speed of light. I am not a critic so welcome to say what you feel guys. I have a theory of my own on what light could be, because I dont think there is an answer to that yet? I think light speed could be achieved but first we need to know what it is first! I think...I am not sure for 100% that is right, but I looked into it and there was many theories about how we can not reach the speed of light but get near it. I think that light is not one thing, it could be two or more and that is why it can achieve being constant... like waves and particles at the same time thats why it is the limit to all speeds.
Reply 4
Original post by RomanBF95
Hello any suggestions on how to achieve the speed of light. I am not a critic so welcome to say what you feel guys. I have a theory of my own on what light could be, because I dont think there is an answer to that yet? I think light speed could be achieved but first we need to know what it is first! I think...I am not sure for 100% that is right, but I looked into it and there was many theories about how we can not reach the speed of light but get near it. I think that light is not one thing, it could be two or more and that is why it can achieve being constant... like waves and particles at the same time thats why it is the limit to all speeds.

If you want to discuss how to achieve the speed of light, make a new thread? Whats the point of doing it here... on a thread about how to work out molecular mass..
Reply 5

to achieve the speed of light go at the speed of dark
to go at the speed of dark
turn your lights off
Original post by Zahid~
If you want to discuss how to achieve the speed of light, make a new thread? Whats the point of doing it here... on a thread about how to work out molecular mass..

because i just made an account on this so i know nothing about the website, ill just assume youre a nice person pointing me the right direction, DICKHEAD.
Reply 7
because i just made an account on this so i know nothing about the website, ill just assume youre a nice person pointing me the right direction, DICKHEAD.

Guess I'm a nicer person than you, since i pointed out why you shouldn't have a discussion on a topic that is irrelevant to the thread. Also did it without being offensive.
Sorry, just assumed you would've known how a forum works by looking at how old you looked.
how did you find the exam today guys?
Original post by Zahid~
Guess I'm a nicer person than you, since i pointed out why you shouldn't have a discussion on a topic that is irrelevant to the thread. Also did it without being offensive.
Sorry, just assumed you would've known how a forum works by looking at how old you looked.

Thanks for your observations, but i dont spend much time on computers, I go out and do stuff... AKA i have a life that involves more than knowing how forums work :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest