The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Anyone else staying up all night for the results?

Only 5 hours until I have to leave for work... absolutely dreading it if it's a vote to leave

dont need to :biggrin: results started to come in at 7.30 am here..got the results on in my office.
Boys lets all relocate to Canada
all this over-reaction is going to drive me crazy...

The world is not doomed.
England is not destroyed.
Most peoples lives are not going to get significantly worse.

Just get on with things as you would have done before...

--

But I dont blame british people for this, its the fault of our politicians. They have spent months polarizing the public, and hammering people on both sides that the country will be destroyed if the result does not go their way.. no matter what happened today, 50% of the public were going to wake up and feel like their country had been destroyed.. when in reality, its highly unlikely to be a complete long-term disaster.
Well the FTSE has dropped. Pound has dropped to the lowest level in my life time

And this is in the minutes after the result is declared

Ffs
Original post by Angry cucumber
Well the FTSE has dropped. Pound has dropped to the lowest level in my life time

And this is in the minutes after the result is declared

Ffs

Honestly, its not gotten me panicked yet.

Only a truly hardcore deluded OUT supporter could have ever believed that nothing would happen after leaving. I think we all knew that there was going to be a sharp quick reaction to leaving.

The question is what happens next. Markets hate uncertainty, and at the moment that's all we have.. Give it a bit of time, let the process start happening, solve some of the uncertainty, and personally I think we will start to see somewhat of a recovery.

A quick reaction does not worry me, but a maintained one does. Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens over the coming months. Right now though we have not even heard from the prime minister or any of our leaders yet, so its no surprise that people are panicking over a completely unknown and unexpected situation.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
**** this country anyway going to relocate to the states in a few years time anyway.

I'm with you pal x
Lol because president Trump is exactly where you want to go towards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5827
Good time to invest in the pound though isn't it?

Why would you give such a massive decision to a largely stupid public anyway?
Original post by fallen_acorns
voting done by proxy..Remain will win by a landslide.Before this week I knew quite a few people who were on the fence like myself. 100% of them ended up voting in..Add to that I know a couple of people who were Leave voters, but ended up backing remain.Cant say I know anyone who did the oposite.. Honestly, it will be a landslide, which is a shame only in the the election show will be significantly lacking in drama.

Can we all take a moment to appreciate this please?
Bye bye Scotland
Original post by SA-1
Good time to invest in the pound though isn't it?

Why would you give such a massive decision to a largely stupid public anyway?

Think it's risky, quite a volatile market is imagine. Although big money to be made.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Think it's risky, quite a volatile market is imagine. Although big money to be made.

One of my buddies in Singapore has managed to make 30k on this lol he's loving it. There's another guy in the thread for the referendum who I think may have made equally disgusting levels of bank
Give it Giggsy till the end of the season
Reply 5833
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Can we all take a moment to appreciate this please?

Dem good old Chinese predictions

Original post by The Wavefunction

How much has it dropped? Like 10%?

Big investors must be loving it :lol:

I have no experienced though, so idk if it's even worth me trying. Does feel like a good opportunity though
Reply 5834
Also read an article ages ago about how this will impact European footballers in the PL

Guessing there'll be a loophole? Or that article was just bs
Original post by SA-1
Also read an article ages ago about how this will impact European footballers in the PL

Guessing there'll be a loophole? Or that article was just bs

Football, like many things including universities etc, all are ****ed under the current regulations..

Thing is, its all meaningless at the moment, as there will be atleast 2 years now of negotiations + working out new regulations.. so its highly likely it will have very little effect on football at all, once everything is worked out - chances are there will just be a bit of extra visa paperwork, but nothing major that clubs will worry about.
So cameron's gone...

(in 3 months.. but still) }

Silver linning for some of the labour supporters out there?

--

Moment of appreciation for boris. Man is like an evil genius, just plays the game so well.. PRed his way to becoming the london mayor.. within a year of leaving he has now unseated the priminstier, his old rival, and is now one of the prime candidates for the job.

Man would win the game of thrones without anyone even realising he was playing.
Reply 5837
So Nigel Farage goes on ITV and says the 350m he promised the NHS was a mistake :rofl:

Tried making out as though it'll be spread out but I imagine that's bs too
I blame this on mother****ers like Luke who couldn't be bothered to turn up
It's all a bit like a dog trying to catch a car, and now that it's caught it, it hasn't got a clue what to do with it.

Latest