The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century B7 C7 P7 - W/C - Monday 20th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rebbarn29
Thank you! This is really helpful :smile:

Your welcome :smile:
Does anyone have the 2015 paper? :colondollar:
Reply 262
How did the P7 exam go? I wasn't sure on the cepheid variable question with the Hubble's constant. I feel like that was a badly worded question. Also didn't like the one where you had to calculate the distance across the galaxy and the depth of the galaxy, that's like 8 marks already down the drain. Some of those questions weren't worded very well I don't think
Original post by Lsford
How did the P7 exam go? I wasn't sure on the cepheid variable question with the Hubble's constant. I feel like that was a badly worded question. Also didn't like the one where you had to calculate the distance across the galaxy and the depth of the galaxy, that's like 8 marks already down the drain. Some of those questions weren't worded very well I don't think

It think the grade boundaries will be low because of the wording. For the 6 mark you just talk about the measurement of the cepheid variable and stuff and show how it's related to the Hubble law and equation. Yeah. I don't think I got the second one of those right. I'm just hoping for an A because I'm not that great in physics.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
I still feel that it went very well. Much better than P123 and P456. It seemed as if it got easier with every physics exam. Lol.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Lovely exam in my opinion. Personally thought it was better than 123's and 456's. Just an odd six marker but good overall.
Reply 266
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
It think the grade boundaries will be low because of the wording. For the 6 mark you just talk about the measurement of the cepheid variable and stuff and show how it's related to the Hubble law and equation. Yeah. I don't think I got the second one of those right. I'm just hoping for an A because I'm not that great in physics.

I'm hoping for some low grade boundaries too, and same I defo got the second one wrong but I messed up on the cepheid variables but managed to talk about light intensity related to pulse period and that light intensity and observed brightness are needed to measure the difference. Hopefully I didn't get like 0 marks for that 6 maker! Good luck!
Not sure if i did the 2nd 6 marker correctly, talked about how the higher the luminosity the pulse period, then you can use luminosity and observed intensity to work out distance. Recession velocity comes from red shift, so by rearranging the equation to recession velocity divided by distance you can work out values for Hubble's law. Overall the paper was okay, for the ray diagram did people get the image above the focal point?
Original post by Lsford
I'm hoping for some low grade boundaries too, and same I defo got the second one wrong but I messed up on the cepheid variables but managed to talk about light intensity related to pulse period and that light intensity and observed brightness are needed to measure the difference. Hopefully I didn't get like 0 marks for that 6 maker! Good luck!

That sounds right. I think I said something like that as far as I remember.

Original post by Mr_Elmo
Not sure if i did the 2nd 6 marker correctly, talked about how the higher the luminosity the pulse period, then you can use luminosity and observed intensity to work out distance. Recession velocity comes from red shift, so by rearranging the equation to recession velocity divided by distance you can work out values for Hubble's law. Overall the paper was okay, for the ray diagram did people get the image above the focal point?

That's correct.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending