The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
Leaver being interviewed on the BBC says he's shocked and didn't expect to win. Didn't think his vote would matter.
"Now I'm worried".

Is he serious? Wow, now I've lost all hope. I'm worried too.
Original post by looseseal
So far this morning:

1. Nigel Farage starts the morning by retracting the £350 million claim
2. Daniel Hannan retracts the claim that leaving EU will reduce immigration
3. £100 billion wiped off the pensions, ISAs etc. invested in the FTSE
4. The pound suffers the largest currency depreciation of any currency ever
5. The Prime Minister resigns without mapping out a plan for implementing the results of the referendum

Well at least we got our sovereignty back...

Source for the Hannan claim? I couldn't find anything on the internet.

well summarised though :h:
Original post by jneill
Leaver being interviewed on the BBC says he's shocked and didn't expect to win. Didn't think his vote would matter.
"Now I'm worried".

Brilliant. Not even the people who voted leave wanted this result
So far this morning:

5. The Prime Minister resigns without mapping out a plan for implementing the results of the referendum

Sovereignty? So this is a pride thing....
I'm not even shocked. Let's admit it, already our decision to leave is failing us. Sovereignty means nothing if a nation ends up failing miserably. I'm only praying things improve over the years. Apparently Putin was very influential, influential enough to push the leaving agenda.
Here ladies and gentlemen is the reality of a protest vote.

I honestly cant believe how irresponsible Cameron was to offer this referendum to the public. Something with such immense downsides for the country should not be entrusted to Dave down the pub who wanted to "stick it" to those Brussels bureaucrats.

He got cornered into it by his backbenchers and at the time, he thought there was no way it would happen because another coalition government looked likely.

I still wonder how exactly all this is going to go through Parliament, where there is a massive anti-Leave majority if you add up the SNP, Labour and part of the Tory backbench.
So far this morning:

:rofl:

There's no describing how disgusted I personally feel with idiot Tory rightwingers who've put us through all this for what amounts (probably) to a semi-detached status with the EU, still paying our subs, still in the single market (most likely) and still accepting freedom of movement - yet without any say in the proceedings.

For what? Ego? A sense of victory? :angry:

Watching some of them party this morning, I think some of them are seriously in need of one of those new brain transplant thingies.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
He got cornered into it by his backbenchers and at the time, he thought there was no way it would happen because another coalition government looked likely.

I still wonder how exactly all this is going to go through Parliament, where there is a massive anti-Leave majority if you add up the SNP, Labour and part of the Tory backbench.

Will it really happen though? I, too, can't see the logistics of it all.

Also random side note, will our EHICs still be valid for a while? :P
Original post by Cherry82
Is he serious? Wow, now I've lost all hope. I'm worried too.

The next leaver beside him said the same thing.

(hope that animated gif works...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2028
Wow. Really? Not even midday yet and all I'm hearing is bad news.
Very worried now.
Really do think that people who voted to 'leave' are going to have this bite them back in the ass a couple of years down the line.

Also, why has the value for the British currency dropped by so much??
Original post by WriterOfWrongs

Also random side note, will our EHICs still be valid for a while? :P

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha that was a joke :wink:
Original post by Yendis
Wow. Really? Not even midday yet and all I'm hearing is bad news.
Very worried now.
Really do think that people who voted to 'leave' are going to have this bite them back in the ass a couple of years down the line.

Also, why has the value for the British currency dropped by so much??

You answered your own question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ironic as that's all Leave have banged on about when anyone mentions the economy.
Original post by JamesN88
Ironic as that's all Leave have banged on about when anyone mentions the economy.

Ah but experts get things wrong.

Even at The Express

Posted from TSR Mobile

For now. It's only been a few hours. Let's wait until the stabilisation before jumping to conclusions
Am I late to the party? I had 4 hours sleep for a meeting that never occurred. Running on adrenaline and remain tears
Reply 2038
Original post by chemting
For now. It's only been a few hours. Let's wait until the stabilisation before jumping to conclusions

I really, really, really want to do that. But I keep hearing more and more devastating news. First, it was the currency drop. Now David Cameron is resigning..I'm anxious that I'm going to hear something heartbreaking again.
Nigel Farage 'I can't guarantee EU cash will go to NHS' comment sparks outrage

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/525202/nigel-farage-good-morning-britain-brexit-nhs-eu-money-referendum-itv

So it begins...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending