The Student Room Group

The EU Referendum & UK Travel

I'm not sure as if this has been discussed from either camps, but I was wondering what you guys take would be on it...

Due to the result of the EU Ref, and the obvious divide between the Scots and their Remain views, as well as Englands Leave attitude (by a small margin, mind..)

Would within-UK travel be significantly changed by todays result? As well as the Scots desire for another Independence referendum? (ie. would we need visa's to travel to Scotland eventually?)

Any input would be welcomed
Original post by Dinasaurus

How come?
Original post by fr0sr_
I'm not sure as if this has been discussed from either camps, but I was wondering what you guys take would be on it...

Due to the result of the EU Ref, and the obvious divide between the Scots and their Remain views, as well as Englands Leave attitude (by a small margin, mind..)

Would within-UK travel be significantly changed by todays result? As well as the Scots desire for another Independence referendum? (ie. would we need visa's to travel to Scotland eventually?)

Not immediately. Within the UK, Scotland would need to be independent first. If you mean within the EU, I doubt anything's going to happen immediately as we'd need to put protocols into place.
Reply 4
Original post by fr0sr_
Would within-UK travel be significantly changed by todays result? No As well as the Scots desire for another Independence referendum? (ie. would we need visa's to travel to Scotland eventually?) Probably not

In bold.
Original post by AnnieGakusei
Not immediately. Within the UK, Scotland would need to be independent first. If you mean within the EU, I doubt anything's going to happen immediately as we'd need to put protocols into place.

Seems that an Independent Scotland is an inevitability though :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending