The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

did anyone get lambda as 8?
Reply 4241
Original post by Princepieman
****ed it. Went to blow my nose for 2 minutes cuz of hayfever but ended up running out of time for the latter half of q8 - which means 10 marks down the drain. Also didn't finish the trig question so 1 mark lost. Overall looking at 64-65/75.

My offer requires an A* in Maths but with only 63-64/65 in C4 and 65-66/75 in C3 doesn't look likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hayfever is truly the killer of dreams

Posted from TSR Mobile
****ed it. Went to blow my nose for 2 minutes cuz of hayfever but ended up running out of time for the latter half of q8 - which means 10 marks down the drain. Also didn't finish the trig question so 1 mark lost. Overall looking at 64-65/75.

My offer requires an A* in Maths but with only 63-64/65 in C4 and 65-66/75 in C3 doesn't look likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel you :frown:
Original post by ryanroks1
Would 71 on C3 and 68 on C4 be A* overall do people think?

yeh i think u'll get it b/c 71 marks is usally around 94/95 ums
I did the answer to the rates question to the nearest minute but i did hours and minutes...10 hours and 33 minutes, would i lose a mark? technically its to the nearest minute :wink:
Ran out of time on last vectors question! potential mark breakdown for that question??
How many marks was the trapezium rule question (just part b)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm retaking the year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should have spent more time revising
For the volume I got volume=554pi -1204pi/5 = 1696pi/5 ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it possible to get at least a B in maths, I get an A for C1 and C2, B for S1, D1 and C3 and a C in C4?
Original post by Jg345&&
You mean question 7? It wasn't a cylinder because it was curved at the end

It was a cylinder. Area S was equal to the cylinder volume - the area under the curve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We left the EU, that's my reason for not completing the paper to a good standard
Original post by flairs
Should have spent more time revising

Wtf, it was a timing issue not a knowledge one. Get outta here with that pompous attitude
Original post by TSRPAV
I did the answer to the rates question to the nearest minute but i did hours and minutes...10 hours and 33 minutes, would i lose a mark? technically its to the nearest minute :wink:

The mark scheme typically allows answers in hr:min form to the nearest minute.
Original post by CurrentFlow
Yes, but i use volume of cylinder for height =17/2 + 1/2 = 9 Vc= pi(8)^2x9 = 576 pi and then i integrated between 17/2 and 1/2 and then subtracted the values. Is this wrong?

Original post by riffy123
I did that too and it must be right!

No it isn't right. You're not supposed to add 1/2 to the 17/2. The 17/2 is the height
Reply 4256

Posted from TSR Mobile

That bloody sucks, **** oversensitive immune systems man. Hope you're not too disheartened, i'm sure you're gonna get the *
Original post by TSRPAV

I'm pretty sure thats allowed because it didn't say give the answer in minutes.
It only said to the nearest minute.
I was happy coming out of that exam predicting I got about 69 thinking that combined with my C3 of 66 is an A*. Then I've come on here and seen all you bastards found it easy! Whats the likely hood of 66 and 69 being an A*?
Original post by clarkey500
I thought the paper was ok overall. There was some simple questions and some not so simple questions.

One other thing, if you go wrong early in a question can you get method marks and ecf marks?

You should do unless the question was a "show that" in which they would expect you to the the one they give.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending