The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

How much will I lose for;
getting lamda +- correct but had to rush so wrote one of my numbers in E coordinates wrong
didnt do trapezium rule to correct SF
did Cylinder with right volume, got the right integral with limits. I did the taking away right but I got a weird and incorrect answer.

So annoyed at my really silly lost marks in this and C3 will probably not get an A* cos of it
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HoldtheDoor
How many marks was that question?

I am thinking 3? Not 100% tho you'll probs only be -1, if that dw
Original post by Dec1307
For the volume I got volume=554pi -1204pi/5 = 1696pi/5 ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got this!
What was the answer to 6ai the partial fractions integration!!?
Original post by hhhbmnb
ez 75/75 thank you everyone for lowering grade boundaries

Thank you for your useless comment
Original post by toby22222
YOUR A ****

Eventhough i got full mark properly, i must say this yeah c4 is quite hard. Luckily i did further math. Expecting the grade boundary to be low.
Original post by Danimtz
If you're talking about the integral with ^3/2
They gave you an integral to ^3/4 cause you had to do y^2 to find solids of revolution.

Wait, I did the intergral being ^3/2?
Original post by Patrick Gekko
1) (1/8)-(15x/16)+(75x^2/16)-(625x^3/32)

2) 0.6595 for missing value
1.083 for estimate
(8/3)ln2 -(7/9)

3) dy/dx= (-4xy-2)/(2x^2+4+piSinpiY)
X value was (3pi +62)/(pi+22)

4) X= 60e^-2.5t
633 mins nearest minute

5) (-5root3)/16
Q: (4,5root3)

6) not sure about A- partial fractions integration. 3ln(3y+2) -2lnY + c
Show substitution
(4pi/3) -root3

7) k was 8.5, volume was 1696pi /5

8) a was 3,5,0
K equals 2 (AP was 2root2)
Cos= 4/5
E was same as what others have said

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got the exact same,except for the volume...i multipled that answer by 2 so was 3392/5
Not sure whether im xorrect though.
Thought the exam went well but I'm so annoyed about Brexit that I don't even care.
Original post by M3WIZARD
Can Someone verify if all of these are correct. I believe I got everything here - I just couldn't remember what the last term for Q1 was - but I distinctly remember the first 3 terms

Can confirm I got these answers.
Can anyone remember the original equation you had to differentiate for the normal question where the answer was like 62+pi/22+Pi? I ****ed it somehow and I want to know why
Reply 4332
Ok so no misprint? Sigh of relief, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much would it be if I didn't bring pi to the front of the derivative so I have just Dy/dxsin(piy)? I got part b wrong as well😞
I was thinking like 5-7?
for the differential equatiion i just left it as 5t + ln 3600/x squared , and i ended up geting the next bit right , which means the equation must have been right . However i didnt do the e to the power of blah blah blah thingy , how many marks do you think ill lose. also do you think ill lose amrks for leaving it as 8/6 pi not 4/3 pi
Original post by M3WIZARD
Can Someone verify if all of these are correct. I believe I got everything here - I just couldn't remember what the last term for Q1 was - but I distinctly remember the first 3 terms

I'm in the same boat as you my friend, everything there is what I had - the only one I am a little uncertain about is the last term of the binomial
Reply 4336
Original post by StrongerinEU
Thought the exam went well but I'm so annoyed about Brexit that I don't even care.

Username checks out...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by k.russell
I am thinking 3? Not 100% tho you'll probs only be -1, if that dw

F*ck! Easy mark lost.. every mark counts, this year will be high boundaries.
Original post by d14m
Can someone please confirm whether or not there was a misprint on question 6, if so how will Edexcel mark this question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was that the integration with the chain rule?
Original post by Mattematics
Agree with all of these. Need to double check my volume, 512pi -somethingpi? Think I also got 4/3pi -root3?

I got a volume of 544 π for the Cylinder and 204.8 π for the Dome.
Then,
544π -204.8π = 339.2 π

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending