The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

@SeanFM I am finally free!!! I reckon as a minimum in that paper I got 65/75, so I am confident I have gotten an A overall in maths :biggrin:! Hopefully pulled off the A* in biology but either way AAA was my insurance so I think I am going to uni this September!!!!!
5 marks
Original post by Don Pedro K.
@SeanFM I am finally free!!! I reckon as a minimum in that paper I got 65/75, so I am confident I have gotten an A overall in maths :biggrin:! Hopefully pulled off the A* in biology but either way AAA was my insurance so I think I am going to uni this September!!!!!

Good job :h: now enjoy your summer.
@ombtom do you remember how many marks the implicit differentiation one and then the coordinate one straight after that was? And do you remember the equation for the implicit diff by any chance XD?
If you draw a Cos graph, you can see that cosine of an acute angle is always positive, and the question asked for acute angles, so...
Could anyone please show a solution for the last question on the position vectors of e?
Original post by SeanFM
Good job :h: now enjoy your summer.

haha thank you! I will!!!
Original post by Lia_Fletcher
hey guys, i made some really stupid mistakes and think i only got 64/75 on C4. if i also got about 71/75 on C3 whats the likelihood of this being A*?

Probabaly scraped it.
Du think my 58 in c3 and 73 in c4 will scrape me an A*?
Reply 4408
For 5a, what were the co-ordinates of the point? (4, something
Original post by SeanFM
A* is 480 UMS or more overall from 6 units, plus 180 or more UMS from C3 and C4 combined. This can be 90 and 90, 88 and 92, even 80 and 100. There is no requirement to get above 90 in both. If you're right about what you've got then you should be fine.

480 ums in an A isnt it? 540 ums is the A* you cant get A* overall without an A in AS
Original post by Siddhart1998
Probabaly scraped it.
Du think my 58 in c3 and 73 in c4 will scrape me an A*?

similar position... 61ish in c3, 75 c4.. hoping for the best
Original post by AJtheconfusedcat
480 ums in an A isnt it? 540 ums is the A* you cant get A* overall without an A in AS

Correct, but it doesn't go 80% for an A then 90% for an A* as you would expect.

If you get 480 UMS or more but NOT 180 UMS or more from C3 and C4 combined, then you only get an A. If that condition is satisfied, you get an A*, even if you get, say, 481 UMS and 181 of that comes from C3 and C4.

the requirement for an A* in A level maths is an A overall plus 180/200 in C3/4

Yes you an get an A* overall without an A in AS maths. And no you don't need 540/600 for an A*
Having spent almost all of yesterday doing about 10 past papers, that paper seemed relatively straight forward in comparison. Some of the questions, e.g. the last one had come upbefore. Was expecting this exam to be terrible but all the questions were standard and none overly long.

Would expect the A* to be fairly standard, 68-69ish.

Nah, A* is 480ums with 180 across C3 and C4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Pedro K.
@ombtom do you remember how many marks the implicit differentiation one and then the coordinate one straight after that was? And do you remember the equation for the implicit diff by any chance XD?

Someone posted this earlier:

"Marks for each Question:
1A) 6
2A) 1 B) 3 C) 5
3A) 5 B) 4
4A) 4 B) 3
5A) 4 B) 2
6A) 6 B) 5 C) 5
7A) 2 B) 1 C) 4
8A) 1 B) 2 C) 2 D) 3 E) 2 F) 5"

I think it was question 3A so 5 marks. I can't remember the equation exactly, but it was something like (2x^2)(y) + 4x - cos(pi*y) = constant
Original post by ombtom
Someone posted this earlier:

"Marks for each Question:
1A) 6
2A) 1 B) 3 C) 5
3A) 5 B) 4
4A) 4 B) 3
5A) 4 B) 2
6A) 6 B) 5 C) 5
7A) 2 B) 1 C) 4
8A) 1 B) 2 C) 2 D) 3 E) 2 F) 5"

I think it was question 3A so 5 marks. I can't remember the equation exactly, but it was something like (2x^2)(y) + 4x - cos(pi*y) = constant

ah okay thank you :smile:!
Thats cutting it pretty close. If you assume A* for C3 to be 66, and for C4 to be 68 (average of 67), you may have missed out by a mark, or potentially scraped it. 50s does seem too low for an A* though.
For the differential equation question, will i lose marks for not converting the value obtained into minutes?
Original post by Princepieman
****ed it. Went to blow my nose for 2 minutes cuz of hayfever but ended up running out of time for the latter half of q8 - which means 10 marks down the drain. Also didn't finish the trig question so 1 mark lost. Overall looking at 64-65/75.

My offer requires an A* in Maths but with only 63-64/65 in C4 and 65-66/75 in C3 doesn't look likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you thinking of going if you don't get in to Warwick?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending