The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Think I got 71/75 C3 and 72/75 C4, will this be an A*? Seen it be 72 for the * before
How many marks was 5a?
Original post by alexandrahowes
Does anyone remember a question 6a BEFORE the graph apparently? Hmmm

yyeah i almost missed it, it helped for the volume of revolution question tho

thinking you may get marks for it if you did it correctly in the volume question, iv seen that before where in a MS if you miss part A and it helped for part B but you did it correctly in part B you'd still get full marks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ladbants
Oh... don't lose hope already though. what do you need to get into your insurance?

3As
What would 73 on C3 and 72 on C4 be overall be in ums? I need to get an A star in maths for my offer. I might have lost a few more on each but thats my estimate.
Original post by Emma_Lewis0303
I did the same thing as you on the decay question because did integral(-5/2x)dx = integral(1)dt instead of integral(1/x)dx = integral(-5/2)dt
Very annoying because that question was 7 marks :frown:

Would there not be marks carried forward? the second question required a correct answer from the first :/
Original post by jasonmaths
What would 73 on C3 and 72 on C4 be overall be in ums? I need to get an A star in maths for my offer. I might have lost a few more on each but thats my estimate.

12/200
Original post by Student837621
LOL!

That integration in question 9 man! :frown::s-smilie:
Is UMS cap usually 75/75? Does it ever get lower?
For 6c I got Lambda = 16, as if dx = 8sin(theta)cos(theta) d(theta), when you rooted the 4 after taking it out the fraction, you have 8 times 2 and therefore 16?? Or am I just being dumb?
Original post by Kay Fearn
For the decay question did anyone get t = 640

so 640 x 24 x 60 = answer in minutes?

For the last area did anybody also get 6 units^2 ?

Found the paper ok, some tricky questions but only thing i think i may have got wrong fully was the very last question.

I found the distance of the direction vector and said linda = 1

then i used the vector equation P +/- linda(direction vector) to get the two co-ordinates of B. I didn't have enough time to finish it but i knew the methodology so hope i got a few marks for it. one of the B co-ordinates i got was -4i +9j +5k

I got that for that first question you mentioned but it's wrong :/
Original post by Davidthestudent
Think I got 71/75 C3 and 72/75 C4, will this be an A*? Seen it be 72 for the * before

Original post by jasonmaths

Both likely to be an A*. 71 in C3 and 72 in C4 would have been 195 UMS last year.
Would there not be marks carried forward? the second question required a correct answer from the first :/

Was it 7 marks just for solving that differential or the whole question?

From an optimistic point of view yes! But I think it is very unlikely :/
How many marks was 3b and 7b?

Literally found that exact page googling after I posted that, so occasionally it drops below 75, but only has done recently, all older papers were 75 for full.
Original post by Princepieman
3As

Good luck. You'll make it!

Either way, have you revised for s2?
Hi what was the last question out of? I thought it was only 2 marks... think i misread it!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending