The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

My guess:

100 UMS = 81/90
90 UMS = 74/90
A = 67/90

Tougher than last year by a long way, but by no means the toughest ever.
Original post by Slenderman
Guys what did you do for the last 4 marker on the comp about percentages.

Since it said 'about right' I just classed the 70 and 80 together then went on through there.

Yeah I did the same but I think I've got them the wrong way round, would a larger focal length preference mean that they would think it would be too small?
i messed up comprehension too, but its only 20%
Original post by Slenderman
All correct.

I got 90-56 for the angle. I worked out the angle between AG and the perpendicular to the plane and took away 90.
Original post by Sophieoo1
Maybe 71 for an A?

You mean an A*?
Oh dear, I think I got tan(theta) = -1/2...
Original post by Cadherin
My guess:

100 UMS = 81/90
90 UMS = 74/90
A = 67/90

Tougher than last year by a long way, but by no means the toughest ever.

http://prntscr.com/bkftb7
These Grade boundaries would be my only shot at uni
A-5/90
B-4/90
C-3/90
pretty sure i only dropped 5 marks in C4-A so worst comes to worst i got 67/90 which is still an A
for A*
june 15: 81
june 14: 75
june 13: 73
jan 13: 81
jun 12: 73
jan 12: 72
june 11: 70
jan 11: 80
ect.... so an average paper has a boundary of roughly 76/90.

what do people think about the relative difficulty of this paper ? i think the parametric equation question alone is going to bring down the boundaries a bit. i would guess a boundary of maybe 75 ?
Original post by DAWG123
for A*
june 15: 81
june 14: 75
june 13: 73
jan 13: 81
jun 12: 73
jan 12: 72
june 11: 70
jan 11: 80
ect.... so an average paper has a boundary of roughly 76/90.

what do people think about the relative difficulty of this paper ? i think the parametric equation question alone is going to bring down the boundaries a bit. i would guess a boundary of maybe 75 ?

Yeah I agree and maybe the second part of the stacked triangles question. Tbh I thought the comprehension was harder than usual
Original post by Crozzer24
Yeah I did the same but I think I've got them the wrong way round, would a larger focal length preference mean that they would think it would be too small?

<70Focal length found it to small
70-80 found it just right
>70 Focal length found it too largr

Posted from TSR Mobile
i honestly think we will see around 60 for an a

everyone ive spoke to found it awful
Original post by HFancy1997

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, except *>80 for too large
Original post by MintyMilk
Yeah, except *>80 for too large

Oops yeah sorry my bad, ill edit it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HFancy1997

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldnt it be <70 found it too large?
and >80 found it too small?
The larger the focal length, the smaller the field of view and thus images appear larger.
So for those above 80mm will prefer a larger image and will therefore think it looks too small, whilst those beneath 70 will be used to a larger field of view, so 75mm will look too large?
I think it's the other way round cause the larger the focal lens the smaller you observe it to be
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 157
Original post by Danny.L
The larger the focal length, the smaller the field of view and thus images appear larger.
So for those above 80mm will prefer a larger image and will therefore think it looks too small, whilst those beneath 70 will be used to a larger field of view, so 75mm will look too large?

Yeah that's what I think! I originally put the other when in a rush but then changed it as those preferring larger focal lengths will find it too small!
Original post by Danny.L

Yeah, that must have been what we both meant. I went over the logic a good 10 times in the exam, so I'd be surprised if I got it wrong
Original post by Danny.L

Thats what i thought

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending