The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Grade boundary predictions anyone?
Original post by huwgerard1
Hi what was the last question out of? I thought it was only 2 marks... think i misread it!!

The very last one on vectors? I think that was 5 marks, about the position of point E.
Oh ****!
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
12/200
Reply 4503
Original post by jasonmaths
What would 73 on C3 and 72 on C4 be overall be in ums? I need to get an A star in maths for my offer. I might have lost a few more on each but thats my estimate.

like 96 and 94?
If i get 66/75 in c3 and 68/75 in c4 would i just about get the a* grade?
For Question 7, how many marks do I lose if I only got to 1024pi/5 instead of 1696pi/5?
Original post by hello2you
Grade boundary predictions anyone?

Around 60-62 for an A
Although it wasn't hard, last year paper was fairly easier. However a lot of people would have made silly mistakes especially for the vector and volume of Rev

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you will be fine. c3 was v hard so a* would be like low 60s. You would have scraped an A* in c4 i think. :-)
Original post by Smithy1597
If i get 66/75 in c3 and 68/75 in c4 would i just about get the a* grade?
How about A* boundaies for both c3 and c4?
Original post by imran_
Around 60-62 for an A
Although it wasn't hard, last year paper was fairly easier. However a lot of people would have made silly mistakes especially for the vector and volume of Rev

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone posted the marks per question yet? Messed up and did t in terms of x for 4a; wondering what that will cost me
Same mate! ive been told we should only lose 2 or 3 max so it should be ok.
Original post by QueenOfNachos
For Question 7, how many marks do I lose if I only got to 1024pi/5 instead of 1696pi/5?
Sorry for the slow reply lol being really busy these past couple days. My results day didn't go as expected last year but I still went uni, then dropped out a couple months in after I realised that the course was not for me. So I'm on a gap year right now and just done my retakes and heading off to uni in september to study physics :biggrin:

Sorry to hear this bro :frown:
Is there an unofficial markscheme? Or does someone have a list of answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imran_
Around 60-62 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully lower than last year as although the questions were similar, there were more places to slip up. I fee like it was an extension of and a harder version of last years paper.
Original post by jasonmaths
Same mate! ive been told we should only lose 2 or 3 max so it should be ok.

Ah ok... should have read the question properly :frown: cheers!
Original post by pineneedles
Is there an unofficial markscheme? Or does someone have a list of answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4184191
Please can someone help me
On Q3 I forgot the minus 2 and got an answer of 6/22+π instead of 8/22+π. This lead to my next part being wrong also. Bow many marks do you think I'll loose. All of them? Thnaks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
OK these are my answers can anyone add to/correct them?

1) didnt write it down
2) A= 1.083
exact = 8/3l(2)-1
3) 3pi+62/pi+22
4) x=60e^-5/2t
t= 633 mins
Q?? -2ln(y)+3ln(3y+2)
6??) lambda=8
area = -3root3 -4/3pi
Volume of rev question k=17/2
V= 1696/5 pi
Parametric question m=-5root3 / 16
x=4 y=5root3
8) costheta=4/5
length=2root2
area= 2.4
E= (-7,28/5,21/5) (-3,12/5,9/5)

wont all be correct and cant remember which order they were in too well but its a start
I reckon I did okay. However, for the vectors question I ****ed finding the magnitude and got k as 6. I then subsequently got the triangle and coordinates of e wrong but were right with by k vale. Would I get error carried forward?
No problem haha i was quite disappointed as i thought i'd got 100. But as long as i get the A* it that should be fine.
Original post by QueenOfNachos
Ah ok... should have read the question properly :frown: cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending