The Student Room Group

I'm angry at those who voted leave without a valid reason

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kadak
Keep lying to yourself mate.

All I'm reading is stop sending 350 million a week to Europe, and use some of the money to our NHS instead?? Is that the same thing as promising 350 million a week to the NHS? No...

Again you're a special one so I'll repeat myself. Nigel farage is not in power. He does not get to decide how any money is spent. How can he go back on a "promise" when he has never had (or will have) the power to spend a single penny on anything?
Original post by Alba2013
He has said on national television that he DID say the EU contributions money would go into the NHS as part of his campaign and that it was a mistake. Regardless of whether it's up to him or not to decide how that money is spent on, the man lied for votes, pure and simple.

If UKIP do win the election he will put into the NHS. But UKIP aren't in power and therefore he can't promise anything. That could be part of the UKIP campaign but how do you expect the man to put 350 million a week into the NHS when he's not in power? it's not just not adding up...
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Not to mention that a Johnson/Gove government will slam down on government spending much harder than Dave/George, leaving many areas of the North and Midlands that voted Leave totally in the ****.

No they won't. Have you not been reading your tabloids? We're £55m/day better off now, it's all going to the NHS!!!
Original post by Esoteric-
Go. We will be happy to see the back of you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And I will be happier to leave you in the disaster that the UK is headed to :h:
Original post by JordanL_
No they won't. Have you not been reading your tabloids? We're £55m/day better off now, it's all going to the NHS!!!

More likely it will go offshore to pay for a new Trump hotel chain or something.
I've missed my grades for uni so I'm gonna apply for somewhere abroad in the EU. Just hope it's still possible next year. I don't want to be stuck on a sinking ship with these idiots, they can make Britain (or just England and Wales, it seems) great again by themselves.

Good luck! There is a vast world out there with so much opportunity, we don't need to put up with the mess that they will be responsible for creating :top:
Original post by BioStudentx
If UKIP do win the election he will put into the NHS. But UKIP aren't in power and therefore he can't promise anything. That could be part of the UKIP campaign but how do you expect the man to put 350 million a week into the NHS when he's not in power? it's not just not adding up...

Of course it doesn't add up. He is a liar and he duped people into voting for something based on promises he could not keep and he knew it. That's why he has admitted on national television that it was a mistake - his words, by the way.
Cheeeeeeeeeeessssseeeee!!!
Original post by Alba2013
Of course it doesn't add up. He is a liar and he duped people into voting for something based on promises he could not keep and he knew it. That's why he has admitted on national television that it was a mistake - his words, by the way.

He said it was a mistake because the leave campaign twisted his words. The remain campaigners have been doing the same thing. They're both equally as bad. He's not a liar. His idea was that instead of sending 350million to Europe, use it on the NHS instead. Obviously, he can't deliver this because UKIP aren't in power. if you want to see him deliver it then vote for ukip? I can't argue with a brick wall... The money could (and in my opinion should) be used on the NHS. Of course, nigel farage has no control over what the tory party do... Anyone with an IQ above room temperature would recognise Farage didn't promise anything (because he's not in power so he can't promise anything anyway) - he was simply just making points and reasons as to why to leave the EU...
All I'm reading is stop sending 350 million a week to Europe, and use some of the money to our NHS instead?? Is that the same thing as promising 350 million a week to the NHS? No...

Again you're a special one so I'll repeat myself. Nigel farage is not in power. He does not get to decide how any money is spent. How can he go back on a "promise" when he has never had (or will have) the power to spend a single penny on anything?

What is special is that you believe vague ,false promises from Brexiters. Your own statement shows that Brexiteers were making false claims ,contradicting each other just to appease to voters,there was no coherent set of promises from Leave.
So you chose uncertainty just "regain control" ?Regain control of what ?
Continue making insults as a substitute for reasonable points.
Original post by Kadak
What is special is that you believe vague ,false promises from Brexiters. Your own statement shows that Brexiteers were making false claims ,contradicting each other just to appease to voters,there was no coherent set of promises from Leave.

Placing all 'Brexiters' in the same 'basket' is unreasonable and quite honestly, ludicrous. The whole issue revolves around the future and quite honestly, both sides cannot accurately predict what it will hold. Fact of the matter is that economic history suggests that Britain will thrive and I trust history much more than predictions based on fallacious data.
But that's hard to impossible sometimes. They were already convinced that we'd be at least £350m/week better off if we left, and that that money would be spent on the NHS, welfare, education, infrastructure (they had some ambitious plans for a net £180m/week), and they wouldn't listen to anyone who told them otherwise. Politicians, businesspeople, celebrities, renowned academics and international economics organisations.

It seemed like the more people that tried to share the facts, the deeper the delusions went. Everyone who tried to warn people was obviously one of the elites, a rich scumbag trying to promote their own interests and oppress the poor. Economists didn't know what they were talking about, the IMF was corrupt, politicians had no principles (unless they were Nigel Farage or Boris Johnson). They started #UsePens because they thought MI5 was going to rub out their ballot cards ffs.

You can't convince people when they don't live in the real world. These people built up a narrative in their heads and stuck with it, and they only paid any attention to the few people that would back them up.

If that's the case, then either side has not won, in the true sense. A big part of the leave and remain campaigns was based on fear. Fear causes irrationality, which is what we're seeing now. I always thought that was inevitable.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
More likely it will go offshore to pay for a new Trump hotel chain or something.

I genuinely think that you have some kind of obsession with the man.
Original post by Kadak

I'm not even a brexiter, i didn't vote. Well done for making assumptions. I just stated people were misinformed about that particular situation. I'm not here to argue whether brexit is a good thing (it's probably not tbh). But it's happened now so we'll just wait and see how it pans out.
Reply 114
He said it was a mistake because the leave campaign twisted his words. The remain campaigners have been doing the same thing. They're both equally as bad. He's not a liar. His idea was that instead of sending 350million to Europe, use it on the NHS instead. Obviously, he can't deliver this because UKIP aren't in power. if you want to see him deliver it then vote for ukip? I can't argue with a brick wall... The money could (and in my opinion should) be used on the NHS. Of course, nigel farage has no control over what the tory party do... Anyone with an IQ above room temperature would recognise Farage didn't promise anything (because he's not in power so he can't promise anything anyway) - he was simply just making points and reasons as to why to leave the EU...

He was the figurehead of a campaign with busses saying "let's fund our NHS instead", and he was happy to let people believe that blatant lie when it was convenient for him. A very unfortunate amount of people made their decisions based on the lies that he perpetuated, or the beliefs they were misled to forming that he never corrected.
Immigration was a GOOD enough reason for me!
Original post by WBZ144
Good luck! There is a vast world out there with so much opportunity, we don't need to put up with the mess that they will be responsible for creating :top:

You are much obliged to leave, yaknow :wink:. The world is your oyster
He was the figurehead of a campaign with busses saying "let's fund our NHS instead", and he was happy to let people believe that blatant lie when it was convenient for him. A very unfortunate amount of people made their decisions based on the lies that he perpetuated, or the beliefs they were misled to forming that he never corrected.

It's not hard for leave/remain campaigners to use someone as a figurehead for something they've never said. Both sides have done it.. Nigel farage believes that we should fund our NHS instead of giving 350 million a week to europe. Nigel farage is not in power so he cannot deliver this but he hopes when we do leave the EU that's now the money is spent. I agree with him, the NHS should be funded instead. Fingers crossed that the next person in charge does this...
Original post by WBZ144
Once I finish qualifying I'm out of this country. Many of my graduate friends are looking to move abroad as well because the future looks bleak. The older generation has screwed us over.

Why are you moving out??? At least wait for things to get better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending