The Student Room Group

Petition calling for 2nd Referendum - and write to your MP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 11.59.22.jpg
I'm trying to sign it but the I am not receiving the link in my email...:frown:
There is no basis for a second referendum.
Only 120k votes so far :rofl:
Reply 65
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
There is no basis for a second referendum.

completely agree
Original post by BBD!N
completely agree

and I voted remain.
Reply 67
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
and I voted remain.

I just think fair is fair and the people have spoken. Even if some people backed a side for the wrong reason.
Reply 68
Original post by physicsphysics91
Only 120k votes so far :rofl:

63% of them are Leavers who've realised they made a mistake.

:wink:
Reply 69
Original post by jneill
63% of them are Leavers who've realised they made a mistake.

:wink:

I think people are just coming to terms with what some of the consequences might be...
The failure to accept the result of a democratic vote from supposedly democratic people is annoying me.
Original post by Racoon
But I think the question needs to be asked how many people voted to leave based on the 'assumption' that the £350m pledge given for the NHS was a fact and not an error in the Brexit campaign?

doesn't matter, every voter should've double checked/done their own research if they were so bothered by falsities. Next you'll be saying 'how do you know people whereat bribed with chocolate by their neighbour to vote'
Leave won by over a million votes. There wont be a second referendum.
Reply 73
The best thing we can do now is look at how to make the most of what has happened. regardless of whether you are pro-Brexit or not. Let's all pull together and do what's best for everyone.
The oracle have spoken already and it voted "LEAVE", would be funny as **** if this was successful and Leave won again. But ofc it won't go ahead again.
Original post by J.J MAN
The best thing we can do now is look at how to make the most of what has happened. regardless of whether you are pro-Brexit or not. Let's all pull together and do what's best for everyone.

No we can't just "pull together" because the polarity between right and left, liberal and conservative, is just too great, hasn't this vote shown that? I guess that, in true stiff-upper-lipped British style we'll carry on regardless (what's the alternative?) But the days when we united as a nation ended in the last World War. This is a civil war, you just have to choose your corner and fight for it.
Reply 76
This is getting ridiculous.

A petition for another referendum just because the Remain didn't get what they want? It will then become never ending.

Pathetic.
Reply 77
We can pull together regardless of this outcome. Time to start working together.
Reply 78
I voted remain and also think this is ridiculous :yy:

As much as I completely disagree with the scare tactics used in the campaign; 51.9% of people voted to leave. We live in a democracy - which in itself is a very precious thing and this democracy has spoken (it pains me to say this given that the young people who voted remain have to deal with the consequences the longest).
(edited 7 years ago)
This petition is a joke. It's essentially saying, 'this isn't the result we want so we demand another referendum!'

Aside from there being absolutely no legitimate reason for another referendum, I object to the potential millions that would be wasted on campaigning pointlessly for an issue that has already been fairly decided.

Move. On.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending