The Student Room Group

AS Biology CCEA AB111

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MirandaB98
So we reckon transport of water through root/stem/leaf or haemoglobin/myoglobin guys?

Yeah hopefully ! I know nothing im so scared!!
[QUOTE="ozmo19;65991261"]
Original post by Bubbles98

Screw that I'd rather drop then do biodiversity again. Ill be cramming tomorrow because i know nothing right now

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who knows nothing! In for a long day tomorrow 😭
Reply 42
Seriously I could look at unit one stuff all day but unit 2 just makes me want to cry I hate it and no matter what I do nothing's going in lol
Reply 43
How do you even revise human impact
Reply 44
Original post by O999
Seriously I could look at unit one stuff all day but unit 2 just makes me want to cry I hate it and no matter what I do nothing's going in lol

Original post by O999
How do you even revise human impact

Im exactly the same. Maybe just brainstorm impacts for loss/poor maintenance of hedgerows then another brainstorm on agricultural intensification.
Apart from the essay does anyone else have predictions of what else might be on ?
Reply 46
Original post by Bubbles98
Apart from the essay does anyone else have predictions of what else might be on ?

The audus apparatus and J-Tube apparently as this is the last year they're on the spec! That's the only predictions my teacher gave 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's the one thing i havent bothered looking at at all!!
Do you have a summary of it??
What did yous all think??
Reply 50
How did ya'll find that?

3 quick q's

Lichen lines: when 2 separate populations of lichen growing towards eachother (intraspecific competition)

Lysotrophic fungus digestion: fungus secretes hydrolytic enzymes via exocytosis to break down dead organic matter, meaning it digests ready-made organic molecules

explain why the bebe heart had septum hole: surrounded by amniotic fluid, gets all its oxygen from mothers blood supply through placenta (why it has shift to the left on partial pressure O2 graphs) therefore it dosent gain oxygen from the lungs and the pulmonary circuit is not oxygen rich

I'd remember more but not sure if people are gonna reply dont wanna waste time
Does anyone have the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by Johnny69
How did ya'll find that?

3 quick q's

Lichen lines: when 2 separate populations of lichen growing towards eachother (intraspecific competition)

Lysotrophic fungus digestion: fungus secretes hydrolytic enzymes via exocytosis to break down dead organic matter, meaning it digests ready-made organic molecules

explain why the bebe heart had septum hole: surrounded by amniotic fluid, gets all its oxygen from mothers blood supply through placenta (why it has shift to the left on partial pressure O2 graphs) therefore it dosent gain oxygen from the lungs and the pulmonary circuit is not oxygen rich

I'd remember more but not sure if people are gonna reply dont wanna waste time

I said the same for 'lysotrophic' and similar for the foetal heart - gains oxygen from placenta, not lungs, doesn't need to pump as much blood to lungs from right ventricle etc.

I said that it was where there was further growth. I didn't mention infraspecific competition.

I thought the red cap was a weird question. Went ok though with the directional selection part being quite nice. Predicted the haemoglobin essay so it went quite well. I said adaptation of the plant in the second photograph - reduced surface area and then salt tolerant. What did you write?
Reply 53
Original post by ozmo19
I said the same for 'lysotrophic' and similar for the foetal heart - gains oxygen from placenta, not lungs, doesn't need to pump as much blood to lungs from right ventricle etc.

I said that it was where there was further growth. I didn't mention infraspecific competition.

I thought the red cap was a weird question. Went ok though with the directional selection part being quite nice. Predicted the haemoglobin essay so it went quite well. I said adaptation of the plant in the second photograph - reduced surface area and then salt tolerant. What did you write?

the red cap was perfect for me because i have picked and studied that genus of mushroom before... i even sweated out like a geek and wrote the name of the toxins they were on about (ibotenic acid and muscimol) I wrote mostly the same.
was it A then C for the heart diagram? also what did you guys get for the 'fungus can be up to 100m or more long discovered thanks to DNA analysis' or something among them lines?
the red cap was perfect for me because i have picked and studied that genus of mushroom before... i even sweated out like a geek and wrote the name of the toxins they were on about (ibotenic acid and muscimol) I wrote mostly the same.
was it A then C for the heart diagram? also what did you guys get for the 'fungus can be up to 100m or more long discovered thanks to DNA analysis' or something among them lines?

For the heart diagram, I said b and c and for the fungus one I said something along the lines of knowing that you are actually measuring the length of the same plant as opposed to many different plants joined together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any ideas about the grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the graph did you guys draw a line or bar graph?! Yeah grade boundaries would be great too. Reckon it goes on UM though added together unforunately....
Bar graph I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58

Original post by FoneyBaloney14
For the heart diagram, I said b and c and for the fungus one I said something along the lines of knowing that you are actually measuring the length of the same plant as opposed to many different plants joined together

Posted from TSR Mobile

A then B!?? was it semi-lunar valve open or close for the second one?

For the DNA thing i said only a small part was visible and it was presumed that that was the majority of the plant, with basically all of the fungus not being observable with it beneath the ground.
Reply 59
Original post by FoneyBaloney14
Any ideas about the grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by MirandaB98
For the graph did you guys draw a line or bar graph?! Yeah grade boundaries would be great too. Reckon it goes on UM though added together unforunately....

What are the grade boundaries normally? I think this was average-slightly easier in comparison to some years but harder than last years paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending