The Student Room Group

Edexcel C4 June 2016 - Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jacob2215
Got everything here! :biggrin:

woah congrats - 100 ums and an A* coming your way hahah !
Original post by I feel myself
Definitely much easier than '15, and that was 69 for an A*. I would only imagine it'll be 71 for an A* and 65/66 for an A.

2015 was 67 for an A*
Original post by Cee cee98
how did u get question 4

It was on the paper
Original post by fefssdf
last year was 67 for an A* - you can lose up to 8 marks and still get it ! :smile:

agreed
What was the 5th one about?
Original post by The G7
Does anyone know how many marks for the question whose answer was K = 2? (I think it was on question 8 - exam stress made me completely miss it out) could you show me the method aswell. Thank you.

I'm pretty sure that was 2/3 marks
Original post by fefssdf
2015 was 67 for an A*

Should therefore be 69/70
Will I still get carry error forward for getting the wrong value for lamba in the intergration question
Original post by Sapereaude54
Will I still get carry error forward for getting the wrong value for lamba in the intergration question

yeh you will get method marks for sure - i think that part was out of 4 do you'd probably get like 2/4
Original post by I feel myself
Should therefore be 69/70

I cannot see it being that high. I go to a state school where nobody does further maths and nobody said it was ' easy ' unlike the majority of tsr so I really cannot see it going above 67/68 tbh
Original post by fefssdf
yeh you will get method marks for sure - i think that part was out of 4 do you'd probably get like 2/4

Yeah the value of lambda I got was 32 for some reason are you talk about the 'show that part' or the hence find the value of part?
Last year's paper method marks were extremely generous that's partly why grade boundaries were that way
Reply 252
Original post by fefssdf
I'm pretty sure that was 2/3 marks

Are you sure it wasn't 1 - I'm begging for it to be one
Original post by The G7
Are you sure it wasn't 1 - I'm begging for it to be one

when the model answers go up I will let you know how many marks it was worth. I know how you feel about missing out marks as i missed out a 3 marker in c3 which was a simple ' show that ' question
Original post by Engineerrookie
Last year's paper method marks were extremely generous that's partly why grade boundaries were that way

thats true - especially for the integration questions as say for the subsitution style ones you get a mark for just subbing in the values and converting them which most people will get correct
How many marks will I lose for differentiating to -sin instead of +sin at start of q3 if everything else is right including my method for part b (obviously the final answer is wrong)? I am thinking I will get 5/9 marks still or is that optimistic?
Original post by Questioner1234
I say 69 for an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree - around 69-71. 100 will be 75 almost definitely
Reply 257
Original post by fefssdf
thats true - especially for the integration questions as say for the subsitution style ones you get a mark for just subbing in the values and converting them which most people will get correct

So what do you think it will be for an A*? I'm praying for it to be 66
Original post by The G7
So what do you think it will be for an A*? I'm praying for it to be 66

I'd say 67-68 based on how people on here found the paper but nobody knows for sure - just wait till results day and you might surprise yourself ahah :smile:
If I messed up 3a and got a different dy/dx then used that to get part b, will I get any error carried forward marks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending