The Student Room Group

Why THE HELL has TSR become so outrageous over the fact Britain is out of the EU?

I have heard comments claiming Brexiters are not informed, dont know what they're doing etc.

So, I'm really interested in finding out why people who voted remain are upset?

What is Britain missing out on exactly? I can only see hope. We already have enough pressure on housing, NHS, schools etc, this is going to affect my future and i'm happy we are out the EU.

Yes, I voted out of the EU due to migration and not being part of a reformed Soviet Union Colonial Order called the European Union. I was also sick of foreign criminals not being deported who had harmed our citizens - along with the pathetic 'human rights' acts which stops rapists, murders being deported or penalized.

I see voting out the EU as something which shows respects to those who died for this country in WW2.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Exactly!

The argument about the EU giving us several human rights is invalid as well because its not like we're going to go back to being slave keeping racists
Reply 2
Original post by Catholic_
I have heard comments claiming Brexiters are not informed, dont know what they're doing etc.

What is Britain missing out on exactly? I can only see hope. We already have enough pressure on housing, NHS, schools etc, this is going to affect my future and i'm happy we are out the EU.

Yes, I voted out of the EU due to migration and not being part of a reformed Soviet Union Colonial Order called the European Union. I was also sick of foreign criminals not being deported who had harmed our citizens - along with the pathetic 'human rights' acts which stops rapists, murders being deported or penalized.

I see voting out the EU as something which shows respects to those who died for this country in WW2.

Did you even consider the possible economical impact of Brexit? :facepalm:
Because anyone who looks at the facts knows that leaving the EU is/was a bad idea.

Because this is probably the first time in our lives where we get to vote, (90s kids), where something this big has happened, and it didn't go the way they wanted it to.

So instead of being calm and accepting it's happened, lots of people are acting like entitled shits, banging on about why the vote isn't valid etc

Some just can't handle that their side didn't win, others are feeling what democracy is actually like. It seems to mainly be the youth that are having meltdowns, because they see a reactionary crash on the markets and the pound, and they think that means they're money, or future money will be worth nothing.

People just have to keep calm and see where we go. Sure, complain in 5,10 or 30 years if everything is down the drain.
Reply 5
*sips tea*
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
Because anyone who looks at the facts knows that leaving the EU is/was a bad idea.

So according to you the Brexitters are thick? No?
Reply 7
Original post by Ciel.

Then that proves that the EU is bad as it wants us to rely on it to increase it's power.

We have to prove we can stand on our own two feet.

I would ask you the same question in regards to mass immigration of cultures which are still living in the middle ages.
Original post by Ciel.

I voted ramain but I believe that in the long term the economy will be better off. We won't go into recession- the only worry I have now is the state of the rest of the EU.
Reply 9
Then that proves that the EU is bad as it wants us to rely on it to increase it's power.

We have to prove we can stand on our own two feet.

I would ask you the same question in regards to mass immigration of cultures which are still living in the middle ages.

'Refugees' are not even part of the EU. Where's the logic in that?
Reply 10
Original post by splashywill
I voted ramain but I believe that in the long term the economy will be better off. We won't go into recession- the only worry I have now is the state of the rest of the EU.

Yeah, let's not forget about the end of freedom of movement, great.
Original post by Ciel.
Yeah, let's not forget about the end of freedom of movement, great.

yeah that also sucks
Original post by Ordo
*sips tea*

*ejaculates with laughter*
I understand how big of a decision it was but, but I prefered the old TSR back with all the relationship and exam problems on the front screen :lol:
Original post by MahuduElec
It seems to mainly be the youth that are having meltdowns, because they see a reactionary crash on the markets and the pound, and they think that means they're money...

Last time I looked, I wasn't money, so hopefully everything will be fine. :moon:
The "pathetic human rights act" is the ECHR which isn't an EU institution. On this one particular issue a lot of people are poorly informed.
Reply 16
Original post by Ciel.
'Refugees' are not even part of the EU. Where's the logic in that?

Argument is they can roam through Europe freely due to Schengen, and it'll then be easier to enter the UK.

The British people are so brainwashed they havent a clue, a united europe has never work see: WW1 and WW2

The EU is ****ed now it ill collapse and all the investors will come here
It's strange how people constantly moaning about austerity and neo-liberalism are so smitten by an institution that has imposed both of those things. An institution that has turned it's back on refugees. Lexit rather than Brexit could be the best thing that has happened to this country since Attlee, given that the left move on with things and actually start to form a real opposition.
Reply 19
Original post by Armpits
Argument is they can roam through Europe freely due to Schengen, and it'll then be easier to enter the UK.

It'll actually be easier for them to enter the UK because of Brexit. Precisely, the threat to Calais border arrangement we have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending