The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) C4 Friday 24th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

For the stationary question did they ask for real values?
Reply 261
Original post by mil88
With due respect, I am saying this without all the added exam stress.

Have a look at what people said last year about their c4 exam, every year people always say "This is the hardest exam ever".

It's not! Have a look at June 14 c4, the questions there were much more challenging then what we had today.

Yeah Id say June 2014 was probably the hardest one I've done to be fair but 2015 was one of the easiest I've done, this exam was up there with the harder ones
C4 OCR (non-mei) unofficial mark scheme anyone?
For the stationary point question did they ask for exact values?
Original post by daniellon

As complex numbers aren't taught at single maths it's kind of implied that the solutions must be real, they asked for exact though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean exact values
Reply 266
I mean exact values

yeah, getting it in exact form was one of the harder bits of the question i found
How many marks will I lose if not written in exact form?
you guys keep saying that the paper was not easy so grade boundaries will be lower. Remember that our year group seems to high stupidly high grade boundaries every single year. AS and GCSE were both stupid high in some cases so im expected high boundaries again irrespective of how hard the papers are.
How many marks will I lose if not written in exact form?

I would have said that you would probably lose 2-3 because it was very easy to get an answer that wasn't in exact form, and you need to do a bit more working to get the exact values
Original post by Ohagan07
I would have said that you would probably lose 2-3 because it was very easy to get an answer that wasn't in exact form, and you need to do a bit more working to get the exact values

I was expecting to be 1 to 2. Given that total marks were 7, we also needed to show the differential thing
Original post by Jamesreid10
For the 3/8 pi answer I got 3/8 pi - 3/8 instead of plus 3/8. How many marks would I lose?

Depends on your workings. If your workings were correct but you miswrote the answer it would be 1 mark.
Would 70/72 be full ums
Original post by BlueSi
For 10)ii) did it say that y=1/256 when x=0 and it wanted you to work out what y is when x=2? I can't figure out what mistake I made, got something ridiculous like 1/3000e^2

Yeah that's what it said. I got 1/16 x e^2ln(9).

Did you get that c was zero?
Original post by Inert1a
Would 70/72 be full ums

Based on nearly every past grade boundary, yes.
Original post by cam5morrison
crap I wrote the differential of 1/x as lnx. what a rookie error

what question was this that you made this error up on?
Reply 276
for area of a triangle. I did 1/2 ab sin C and stupidly used 12.7 as C. Will i get any marks, considering i still worked out a and b?
Above-average difficulty, but there have been harder.
Original post by shshuhd
for area of a triangle. I did 1/2 ab sin C and stupidly used 12.7 as C. Will i get any marks, considering i still worked out a and b?

2 marks? I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shshuhd

I did the EXACT same. We were supposed to use .5bh, but we'll probably get a mark or two for working out the correct magnitudes of the required sides.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending