The Student Room Group

Edexcel C4 June 2016 - Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
For Q6c, instead of writing k=2, i wrote 2root2 as the only answer......is it ok?
Original post by Steven Leong
Guy may I know why can't I do this for 4a?

You haven't divided both sides by -2/5(x), you have simply moved -2/5(x) over to the LHS.

It was easiest to simply divide both sides by X, resulting with the LHS = 1/x then integrating etc :smile:
You know for 8)e) was the mew 2/5 or 5/2? Cause I got different answers and I used 5/2! 🙄
hey does anyone thing 64/65 in this c4 paper is enough for an A??
you know for the implicit differentiation question part (b) i got the right gradient but then found the incorrect normal , i used -(22+pi)/8 and followed it through, so i got the right gradient but the wrong normal and subsequently the wrong values for a,b,c,d. What marks would i get if any?
How many marks were there for 6D, 7A, 7B and 8F
Original post by bat_man
hey does anyone thing 64/65 in this c4 paper is enough for an A??

Almost definitely! Isn't an A normally around 60/61?
For 8)e) I put my coordinates as exact decimals, rather than ugly fractions. I won't lose any marks will I?
Original post by Mattematics
Pretty sure every answer is now correct. Enjoy :smile:

Question 1:

Spoiler

Question 2:

Spoiler

Question 3:

Spoiler

Question 4:

Spoiler

Question 5:

Spoiler

Question 6:

Spoiler

Question 7:

Spoiler

Question 8:

Spoiler

How do you even do 7 b?
How did you find the x coordinate for implicit differentiation question in the form they wanted?
Original post by slb971
Does anyone know how many marks each question/part of the question was worth?

hey keep checking this page and the model answers will be linked at the top of the thread :smile:
Reply 331
what was question 2c??
Reply 332
How many marks will i lose for working out the volume of the cylinder between the limits 1/2 and 17/2 instead of 0 and 17/2.
I got the volume of the other shape (1024/5 pi) but my final answer was 1536/5 pi?
Original post by chloeabeki

well people were saying it was a really easy paper :/ , and I may have to agree albeit dropping silly marks. But i really hope so!!! I think I just scraped an A or got a high B in c3, so I wanted to make up for it in this.
Original post by AABDULAZIZ921
How do you even do 7 b?

you had to find the volume of the cylinder which was formed through rotating the rectangle around the x - axis, and then you had to takeaway the volume of the region under the curve which involved using the formula for the volume of revolution.

For the cylinder volume, the radius was 8 and then the height was 17/2 which was the value found in part a, and so you do area of the cross section*height to give you this volume.

hope that helps ?
Original post by bat_man
well people were saying it was a really easy paper :/ , and I may have to agree albeit dropping silly marks. But i really hope so!!! I think I just scraped an A or got a high B in c3, so I wanted to make up for it in this.

yeh i feel you i think i got about 70 in c3 so really needed 90 in this one, but the way everyone is saying it was that easy really worries me :/
Original post by onur_m
How many marks will i lose for working out the volume of the cylinder between the limits 1/2 and 17/2 instead of 0 and 17/2.
I got the volume of the other shape (1024/5 pi) but my final answer was 1536/5 pi?

you'd lose an A1 mark for the cylinder volume, and the final A1 mark for the total volume.
Reply 337
Original post by slb971
I think people are mixed whether or not the c3 paper was harder than last years. Last years did have a killer trig question, but did also have some easy questions wheras this year even the simple topics had fairly tricky questions (q5). It was also significantly longer and more of the questions required writing our lots of lines of working than last years paper. It did have a copy paste question but it was only worth 7 marks or so.

My guess is A - 58, A* - 65, 100 UMS - 73. If not 58 then 59 for the A.

I got 61-63 raw marks in C3, how many UMS would that be ??
If I got the differential equation wrong for 4a, will I still get method marks for the following question by substituting the values into my wrong equation?
Original post by chloeabeki

yeh it is but people are saying this was the easiest paper in a long while so don't be surprised if it bumps up to 65 for an A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending