The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) FP2 Monday 27th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by becksreills
Jan 2012 is probably the hardest paper I've done and I've done all but 2 of them, the last 2 questions are not nice and brings up some fp1 summing series too

I swear that if they pull up some fp1 bull in our paper I will riot.
Original post by PotAuFeu

In the series and integral section? Shouldn't (probably) be too bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
PLEASE HELP!

I can't for the life of me do the reduction formula question on Jan 2011 (Q8 ii).
Can someone please go through it and not use the mark scheme cause I've looked at it and I'm pretty sure they've pulled some things out of thin air...
Ugh, I just did both 2013 papers and with my (lenient) marking I'm maybe scraping an A*.
Does anybody know of any good videos/revision guides on polar coordinates? They're still really quite confusing to me.
I suppose I could just hope my S2/D2/M2 UMS are high enough to make the average >90.
Can you get an a* based on just s2/m2/d2? I know you need 90 in 3 a2 units but feels weird being able to do it without fp2 but I'm fairly confident on 90s in m2 and s2 and already got 94 in d2 last year and I'm absolutely *****ing it for fp2
Original post by AsphodelMist
PLEASE HELP!

I can't for the life of me do the reduction formula question on Jan 2011 (Q8 ii).
Can someone please go through it and not use the mark scheme cause I've looked at it and I'm pretty sure they've pulled some things out of thin air...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466787701.364165.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1466787713.354498.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I haven't much if any revision for FP2 yet, I need a C in further maths for my medicine offer. How do you guys suppose I revise? I mean C3 and C4 theres a revision guide where all the notes needed are summarized in a well thought out book, that I can read before attempting past papers. I don't know of such a thing for FP2. Do i just do some random papers and make notes from them?

Thank you but I still don't quite know how you got to that integral (the before subbing in bit)... Could you show me that bit too? Thanks ☺️
Thank you but I still don't quite know how you got to that integral (the before subbing in bit)... Could you show me that bit too? Thanks ☺️

Part I?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by medic23432432
So I haven't much if any revision for FP2 yet, I need a C in further maths for my medicine offer. How do you guys suppose I revise? I mean C3 and C4 theres a revision guide where all the notes needed are summarized in a well thought out book, that I can read before attempting past papers. I don't know of such a thing for FP2. Do i just do some random papers and make notes from them?

Try www.mathshelper.co.uk he has some great summary sheets on there, including one summarising the whole of FP2 with notes and worked through examples ☺️

No it's ii the integration by parts bit, or do you not use integration by parts?
No it's ii the integration by parts bit, or do you not use integration by parts?

Look at the first picture, find I5 in terms of I3, Which you can find in terms of I1, which is a standard integration

Posted from TSR Mobile
FP2 is extremely tough challenge for me. I don't feel like going for the exam on Monday. I need to learn everything from scratch. Is it still possible to learn all of it with this amount of time left and hope to do fine in exam?
Original post by tangotangopapa2
FP2 is extremely tough challenge for me. I don't feel like going for the exam on Monday. I need to learn everything from scratch. Is it still possible to learn all of it with this amount of time left and hope to do fine in exam?

I think because technically, even subconsciously, you will not he basics for FP2 I think you will have enough time to relearn it, you never know you may have an epiphany! Also you won't just forget what you know already because you want to start from scratch, that knowledge will be there if the worst comes to the worst and you don't have time to learn every topic.

Good luck!! 🍀🍀
Original post by becksreills
Can you get an a* based on just s2/m2/d2? I know you need 90 in 3 a2 units but feels weird being able to do it without fp2 but I'm fairly confident on 90s in m2 and s2 and already got 94 in d2 last year and I'm absolutely *****ing it for fp2

you can definitely get an a* by averaging 90 over m2,d2 and s2 - you also have to average 80 across all six of your further maths modules.
Original post by PotAuFeu

I know lol I'm worried about that can't remember anything at all
I think because technically, even subconsciously, you will not he basics for FP2 I think you will have enough time to relearn it, you never know you may have an epiphany! Also you won't just forget what you know already because you want to start from scratch, that knowledge will be there if the worst comes to the worst and you don't have time to learn every topic.

Good luck!! 🍀🍀

Thanks for the motivation mate, but this is the first time I have looked at FP2 syllabus. I just didn't have enough time for it because I was self studying A levels in short amount of time, but that's different story. Good luck to you too!!
Ok, barring Jan 12, has anyone got any hard papers, or interesting questions I can have a go at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
Ok, barring Jan 12, has anyone got any hard papers, or interesting questions I can have a go at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Off the top of my head - deduce the Newton raphson formula :P
Original post by duncanjgraham
Off the top of my head - deduce the Newton raphson formula :P

Shall give it a go after the Portugal game

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest