The Student Room Group

What does Brexit means for young people? Your questions answered

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redlabrador500
How will it affect applying to European universities? Will we pay european fees or 'international' fees?

I cannot answer this question after departure but until we formally leave the EU current fee arrangements will remain. Check the Erasmus Plus UK website for further information.
Hello,
As a lot of people asked, what will be the impact on EU student?
Will I need a VISA if I want to work in England?
And what about (if I am leaving in Scotland) if I want to spend a day in London?
Finally, what will be the consequence on economy, especially compared with €?
Thank you!
I'm planning on being a Biological researcher, which means I'll need to be travelling around different countries a lot. What affect will this have on people's ability to travel abroad and also will it have an effect on the fundings available within the scientific sector ?
(edited 7 years ago)
I am an italian prospective student. I am going to study in Scotland from September 2016, but Brexit is worrying me because if I'll be categorised as overseas student I couldn't afford the tuition fees and I should leave the course after two years without getting a degree...I feel lost. What should I do?
How does it affect university funding esp with regards to physics, maths, and engineering?

How does it affect European projects like European Space Agency etc?
Is there a way to get out of this? This is terrifying and needs stopping. We cannot sacrifice the next 80 plus years on this.

How long before companies start to leave? How much will this hurt new businesses who would have come here?

How much damage is this going to do for young people? Why did this have to happen?
Original post by Proximo
How bleak is my future looking at the moment? What will happen to London's financial district, will it be a deserted fairground?

Stay positiove. One area of UK life which will bounce bank is teh financial sector. We will experience a dip ove rthe next days, weeks and perhaps months but we will recover. The financial sector is one of our best performing sectors.
Original post by elitepower
Is there a way to get out of this? This is terrifying and needs stopping. We cannot sacrifice the next 80 plus years on this.

How long before companies start to leave? How much will this hurt new businesses who would have come here?

How much damage is this going to do for young people? Why did this have to happen?

We have a short window to influence what change will look like in our relationship with the EU. Do not disspear because the EU is still there however our ease to travel, study and work has been curtialed somewhat.
I am a scottish student who wants to go university in england. What are the chances that scotland will hold a second independance referendum due to brexit and remain in the eu?

And if it does remain in the eu and become independant how will it affect my chances of getting into an english university?

Thanks.
Original post by Darren Sharpe
We have a short window to influence what change will look like in our relationship with the EU. Do not disspear because the EU is still there however our ease to travel, study and work has been curtialed somewhat.

This is absolutely terrifying. Is there anything we can do - petitions, contacting MPs ect - to revert these actions?
I'm an EU national - I have a Danish passport, and hence I do not need a visa to enter the UK.
I am being considered as an international student by my soon to be university, as I have not lived in the EU for the better part of a decade.
Considering the vote to leave, will I be required to apply for a student visa if i wish to study in the UK later this year?
Any idea what will happen to EU students who meet the residency eligibility criteria to apply as home students and receive student loans and grants? Will they lose them half way through their degree?
What impact will this have on student loans and for students wanting to study a year abroad and work in an EU country ??
I am 18 years old from Lithuania, having lived and studied in England for nearly 11 years as well as being on the verge of finishing my A-Levels before university, what changes should I expect by the time I leave university? Will I be required a visa and will there be as many work opportunities as there are now?
Original post by Mango Milkshake
How does it affect university funding esp with regards to physics, maths, and engineering?

How does it affect European projects like European Space Agency etc?

Once we withdraw formally from the EU (approx 2 years) research fudning contributions by and payments to the UK ends.
Original post by Darren Sharpe

Hi Darren, after we leave the European Union, how will I be affected for working in Europe as an ACCA accountant?
Reply 76
Hi maybe someone already ask the question, but I'm super duper worried I've been waiting for the postgraduate loan student for ages ! Will the br exit affect the right of European students to apply to postgraduate loan For masters starting in September 2016 ?
Thanks
A lot of leave voters in the country are regretting voting leave so what will the government make of this? And if Scotland want to be independent is there anyway I could become a citizen there from Wales? It seems strange that those who voted leave now regret it. I don't think they fully realise what they've just done. Britain has just thrown it's toys out the pram rather than trying to negotiate with the EU it has decided to plunge our fate into a 'better' Britain. With the way the pound is going it does not seem likely for a very long time.
Original post by BizzStrut
I'm considering working in finance (IB). What impact do you think Brexit will have on this sector and do what do you see as the future for finance in London removed fro the EU?

Your f**ked.
Original post by elitepower

This is definitelt terrifying especially for us young people who want opportunities and need them to get anywhere in life right now. Why did this have to happen? People are saying we will be fine one minute and doomed the next. I feel just as confusex and I am glad people are starting to take it seriouly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending