The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Good to see the share prices of my former employer plummet with the expected consequences of that to follow.
I wanted to stay, but now we need to help working people in a post-EU BritainFrances O'Grady
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/24/working-people-eu-britain-brexit
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I wanted to stay, but now we need to help working people in a post-EU BritainFrances O'Grady
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/24/working-people-eu-britain-brexit

That'll be pretty difficult considering how far Labour are from government. The North voted overwhelmingly to leave despite almost unanimous support for Remain in the PLP and amongst trade unions.

Whenever the next general election occurs (likely before the full details of our EU exit are finalised), UKIP will essentially just press the immigration button and say you can't trust Labour to keep those damn foreigners out. The entire Northern working-class could essentially be unreachable by Labour. I wouldn't be surprised to see UKIP absolutely clean up in those strongly Brexit-supporting areas.

The reality is that this country is going to drift rightwards and we'll no longer have the buffer of EU employee rights directives to protect workers. The situation is as bleak as it's possibly ever been. I've always supported Corbyn being Labour leader - that's not to say I haven't been critical of him on occasion - but his message of accepting immigration is poison to Labour's chances in the North.

I don't really see where we go from here in all honesty. Brexit was always going to be disastrous for the left no matter which way you spin it. I've lost a serious amount of faith in this country and I don't know if there's a turn back dial on the far-right populist message we've seen emerge over this EU referendum campaign.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ladymusiclover
@Naveed-7 and @Audrey18 I can't believe it's happened guys. Happy Independence Day!!!!!!

Yes we did it :dancing2:UK will become a great country again!
Reply 2084
Original post by Audrey18

How are you so sure about that lol?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Audrey18

Through what course of actions? What do you propose we do to make this a reality?
Original post by Zargabaath
Through what course of actions? What do you propose we do to make this a reality?

Vids

Posted from TSR Mobile

Through meme magic.
Original post by physicsphysics91
Through meme magic.

Praise Kek.
Original post by looseseal
That'll be pretty difficult considering how far Labour are from government. The North voted overwhelmingly to leave despite almost unanimous support for Remain in the PLP and amongst trade unions.

Whenever the next general election occurs (likely before the full details of our EU exit are finalised), UKIP will essentially just press the immigration button and say you can't trust Labour to keep those damn foreigners out. The entire Northern working-class could essentially be unreachable by Labour. I wouldn't be surprised to see UKIP absolutely clean up in those strongly Brexit-supporting areas.

The reality is that this country is going to drift rightwards and we'll no longer have the buffer of EU employee rights directives to protect workers. The situation is as bleak as it's possibly ever been. I've always supported Corbyn being Labour leader - that's not to say I haven't been critical of him on occasion - but his message of accepting immigration is poison to Labour's chances in the North.

I don't really see where we go from here in all honesty. Brexit was always going to be disastrous for the left no matter which way you spin it. I've lost a serious amount of faith in this country and I don't know if there's a turn back dial on the far-right populist message we've seen emerge over this EU referendum campaign.

Original post by jneill
Vids

Vids?

Original post by physicsphysics91
Through meme magic.

Sad thing is, this is the most convincing answer I have had all day
Vids?

It's the standard method of choice by one of the persons you were replying to.
Original post by jneill
It's the standard method of choice by one of the persons you were replying to.

oh yeah :rolf:

BREXIT prank THE MOVE [Gone WRONG | Gone TOO FAR | Gone SEXUAL] :lol:
The fallout has confirmed my suspicion that people live in constant fear.
Original post by Momma's Kumquat
The fallout has confirmed my suspicion that people live in constant fear.

People like Coldplay and voting for the Nazis, you can't trust people Jez
Original post by Fenice
People like Coldplay and voting for the Nazis, you can't trust people Jez

free the paedos
Original post by fenice
people like coldplay and voting for the nazis, you can't trust people jez

we are not in the euro!
(edited 7 years ago)
we are not in the euro!

Yeah you keep telling yourself that Marco!
Original post by Fenice
Yeah you keep telling yourself that Marco!

I mean all we're saying is England for the English, right?

I mean all we're saying is England for the English, right?

Look, um I don't think I've ever said this before, but I've got a huge amount of respect for you, yeah? When Ukip come to round us all up, you'll be there, won't you, at the barricades, saying, 'No!'

Quick Reply

Latest