The Student Room Group

Calls for London to secede.

Scroll to see replies

Cool great idea. I wonder what the London flag will look like...
3900690839_7f82a3beb2.jpg

There beautiful
yeah... this is never gonna happen.
Original post by mojojojo101

If Scotland can propose an independence referendum, then N Ireland and London should be able to as well.

This is literally the stupidest thing I've ever read.
You guys are ****ed without London though
Omg, this is getting stupid now.
Original post by morgan8002
What will Wales do?

Wales can go f*** itself together with England, for all my co-nationals care. If the vote said out, they're both out with no chance of joining the EU again.
On the other hand, support for Scottish independence and reunion of the two Irelands has suddenly risen sharply.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
This is literally the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Sounds like democracy to me. Is that not what everyone was voting for??????

So democracy is great until people want something you don't like.
Original post by EleonoraDi
Wales can go f*** itself together with England, for all my co-nationals care. If the vote said out, they're both out with no chance of joining the EU again.
On the other hand, support for Scottish independence and reunion of the two Irelands has suddenly risen sharply.

If England and Wales can form some kind of democratic government and meet the EU's economic requirements I don't see why they wouldn't eventually be allowed in.
Original post by JordanL_
Sounds like democracy to me. Is that not what everyone was voting for??????

So democracy is great until people want something you don't like.

You don't get why saying London should split from the UK is stupid?
Original post by Jimmy Seville
You don't get why saying London should split from the UK is stupid?

Saying the UK should split from the EU was stupid, but that's what the people wanted.
A huge divide in the country is revealed and the answer to that is make it even bigger? I know just build a wall and go full Trump :colonhash:
Original post by morgan8002
If England and Wales can form some kind of democratic government and meet the EU's economic requirements I don't see why they wouldn't eventually be allowed in.

Theoretically they could. But if they ask the EU for membership once again, what with making the Italian stock market plummet to -11% after we've just started coming out of the crisis, I can guarantee Italians are NOT going to be very happy.
And well, the UK is not going to get special treatment a second time. The Copenhagen criteria are pretty clear: for a country to join they need to accept all of the EU legislation, including the Euro. :wink:
Good. Have fun in your horrible ghettos.
Original post by Cato the Elder
Good. Have fun in your horrible ghettos.

London is an awful place, glad to see it go. They can't have Surrey or the Home Counties though :pierre:
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
London is an awful place, glad to see it go. They can't have Surrey or the Home Counties though :pierre:

I want to leave London ASAP and live like a lord in the rural south :smile:
Original post by Cato the Elder
I want to leave London ASAP and live like a lord in the rural south :smile:

Following in my footsteps. I'm the most gangster country gentleman I've ever met
I get the worrying feeling that people aren't being sarcastic, ironic or anything else on the first page and everyone is being deadly serious and excited about the 'prospect' of London becoming a country.

When I joked that people were going to fight back by waving a placard before going back to work on Monday, sharing Facebook articles and signing meaningless petitions, this is what I was talking about.
Original post by illegaltobepoor
There is 1 major problem though. Where are all your working class slaves going to live? Majority of us Plebs commute in. Declare independence if you wish but don't expect the rest of England to bend over backwards to provide living space for your labor.

Just keep on taking the train in. We only need the cheap labour. It is not as if you contribute that much to the economy anyway.
Reply 58
Nicky is now talking with Northern Ireland, London and Gibraltar, as a new independent grouped axis of prosperity.

The difficulty is deciding how the letters N,I,L,G and S can be put together into something meaningful, best to date is SLING.

Once sorted it is intended that the rest of you can decant your government somewhere else and we will use the buildings at Westminster for the London Government.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by DJKL
Nicky is now talking with Northern Ireland, London and Gibraltar, as a new independent grouped axis of prosperity.

The difficulty is deciding how the letters N,I,L,G and S can be put together into something meaningful, best to date is SLING.

Once sorted it is intended that the rest of you can decant your government somewhere else and we will use the buildings at Westminster for the London Government.

News just in , Texas are considering Texit, this is really useful as it adds a T to the Arc of Prosperity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending