The Student Room Group

Why I, an 18 Year Old, Ex-Muslim voted leave?

Scroll to see replies

Hi mate,

Well it is only European immigration. Not refugees.
Whether we're in the EU or not, the Muslims will take over this country, they have a much higher fertility rate (4.3) than non-Muslim mothers in this country which is barely over 2. They have loads of kids, we don't. Muslims will make up over 50% of the UK population by 2050, by 2080 they will be over 90% of the UK population... that is unless we start reproducing more or convince the Muslims to reproduce less...
Original post by IslamistheTruth
Remaining in the UK would have meant in an exponentially increasing Muslim population in this country.

Before you accuse me of "Islamophobia" please read this:
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7861/british-muslims-survey,

Just remember that my family are Muslim.

I love this despite this fact, as much of our interaction occurs outside of religion.
All of the evidence tells me that I would not feel safe in a country with a large number of Muslims.
I know that many Muslims are peaceful....bla bla bla.... I've heard this all before. But I sincerely believe that this is only because they are not in power.

Once in power the majority of these peaceful Muslims would happily turn a blind eye to my beheading, due to my apostasy. A lawful punishment for those who leave the faith, under Shariah law.

I understand that a Muslim majority is unlikely right now, but over the next century, remaining in the EU, would make that an increasingly more likely probability.

Even if they don't come into power, it will make it taboo in our society to do things that do not conform to Islamic principles.

I love this country, I understand its had a dark history, but this country right now, as it is, is amazing. It is so accepting and tolerant. I don't want that to change.

Reading the news this morning has been a great joy to me. I know for many it hasn't been the case.

But please be mindful of the fact that everyone has their reasons.

Everyone has experienced life differently and are motivated by different things. You may think my motivations are stupid, but they extremely important to me.

Edit: For those doubting the population claim:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/11/muslim-population-england-wales-nearly-doubles-10-years

In the same boat as you, Muslims like my dad need to understand this country isn't about their needs, and other immigrants needs, while they can all be taken care of at the same time within what we have, it's about the British people's needs and they need to respect that this is a country to be governed by its original population, years of development have gone into it, and it shan't be reversed by people who believe in systems that aren't on the same level at least, that would be getting in the way of progress of all it's always been working towards
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Whether we're in the EU or not, the Muslims will take over this country, they have a much higher fertility rate (4.3) than non-Muslim mothers in this country which is barely over 2. They have loads of kids, we don't. Muslims will make up over 50% of the UK population by 2050, by 2080 they will be over 90% of the UK population... that is unless we start reproducing more or convince the Muslims to reproduce less...

More of a cultural problem that is I think.
Hey OP why are you called islamisthetruth??
Original post by hafsa473
I hope you understand that that would've happened in the past, and now that times have changed, many muslims would never think of killing anyone, even a non muslim. However, that's your opinion and I respect that, eventhough there's already so much evidence that God does exist, especially in Islam, but again that's open to opinion.

How can you say that when several Muslim countries with a combined population of hundreds of millions hang gay people and apostates? Imagine the anger and hatred you feel as an apostate or gay person reading about it... Imagine how angry you feel when you're someone like me and you visit that country every year knowing the majority of your family would want you dead if they knew you personally. It's just repulsive and something other British Muslims need to empathise with.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No, do you?

No. Do you?
Original post by BioStudentx
How can you say that when several Muslim countries with a combined population of hundreds of millions hang gay people and apostates? Imagine the anger and hatred you feel as an apostate or gay person reading about it... Imagine how angry you feel when you're someone like me and you visit that country every year knowing the majority of your family would want you dead if they knew you personally. It's just repulsive and something other British Muslims need to empathise with.

I must've been living under a rock then because I never knew this still existed. Of course I also find it disgusting and wrong but these sort of things don't happen as often as they used to.
No. Do you?

You already asked that. So, where's your evidence for Allah?
(edited 7 years ago)
I must've been living under a rock then because I never knew this still existed. Of course I also find it disgusting and wrong but these sort of things don't happen as often as they used to.

Research it. Countries still have this in place and practice it! It's interesting how you've never heard of it... :s-smilie:

Regardless, for someone like me the EU referendum still felt like a slap in the face. Just goes to show white british people will probably never accept us and neither will Muslims.
You already asked that. So, instead of trying to be funny, where's your evidence for the false god Allah?

Ok don't use the term "false god" because it offends other people. I dont want to go into a full debate about this as I don't much time eg Im going to open my fast and I need to prepare stuff. The quran is evident enough, and it has many verses in it that represent science now, bearing in mind that it was revealed hundred of years ago. Research it.
Ok don't use the term "false god" because it offends other people. I dont want to go into a full debate about this as I don't much time eg Im going to open my fast and I need to prepare stuff. The quran is evident enough, and it has many verses in it that represent science now, bearing in mind that it was revealed hundred of years ago. Research it.

You don't have a right not to be offended and criticising religion is perfectly within the rights of free speech. The Quran is full of errors and contradictions, I've read it. It has no original or accurate science and certainly none that is being discovered now.
Original post by Fantastic Fan
He never said that he wants to get rid of muslims in the US, that's not only bigoted, but also illegal and against the first ammendment therefore being unconstitutional, what he did say was he was going to reduce islamic immigration which i am against completely, but due to recent cases seems like the only way to go, unless his political advisors can think of something better.

And he also never said or assumed that all muslims are terrorists, saying something like that WILL lead to the republican party disavowing him completely as that is sheer prejudice.

You need to understand that the European union vote has NOTHING to do with islamic mass immigration, so i'm not sure if OP Is in the wrong for making such an assumption or if you are in the wrong for believing him.

If this isn't evident of Donald Trump being an Islamophobe, i don't know what is. https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoerner/donald-trump-i-will-look-at-getting-rid-of-all-muslims-if-el?utm_term=.kmPBbOQgN#.iadYdGokK
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/donald-trump-sparks-outrage-over-response-to-get-rid-of-us-muslims-call-10507060.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/donald-trump-shut-muslims-article-1.2457994

The vote doesn't have much to do with islamic mass immigration, but OP mentioned it so I just replied.
Original post by YaliaV
Is Islam now a race? Gosh, you're so wise.

If Islam mostly had followers that are white and had names like Gary I can bet millions that organisations like 'Britain First' wouldn't exist. It is a race issue. I know many people who hate Muslims and they use the n word and p word freely. There is a clear link.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Certified
If Islam mostly had followers that are white and had names like Gary I can bet millions that organisations like 'Britain First' wouldn't exist. It is a race issue. I know many people who hate Muslims and they use the n word and p word freely. There is a clear link.

Can you demonstrate this? Apart from your anecdotal experience of course.
You win.

Haha

The first link was Trump jokingly agreeing with a man that claimed that Obama was a muslim and how there are terrorist training camps in which muslims are being radicalised and wants to see them deported, the second link is the reaction from the mass media to it and the third link is just talking about what he initially said about preventing Islamic immigration for now, no where does it mention that he wants to actually deport legal us muslim citizens, so I'm not quite sure what the point of all three links were. As I've already mentioned that I am against the muslim embargo
You don't have a right not to be offended and criticising religion is perfectly within the rights of free speech. The Quran is full of errors and contradictions, I've read it. It has no original or accurate science and certainly none that is being discovered now.

Can you post your list of contradictions again, I lost the PM you sent me with the list ages ago. Although I remember laughing last time I read them, I want to look through them again :holmes: I know I didn't actually go through them with you, but my intention wasn't to refute, it was to simply see your evidence
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zamestaneh
Can you post your list of contradicions again, I lost the PM your sent me with the list ages ago. Although I remember laughing last time I read them, I want to look through them again :holmes: I know I didn't actually go through them with you, but my intention wasn't to refute, it was to simply see your evidence

The most obvious ones are the multiple things allah supposedly used to create the man.

One verse will say he used clay, one place will say he used water, another will say dust, another will say from Earth another will say from seeds.

There are many many many other contradictions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending