The Student Room Group

My brothers ex girlfriend is living with us!!

I need some help guys I moved back home in March I was living and working in Leeds since 2013 which I loved but unfortunately I split up with my ex so has to leave my job with Leeds council.
When I moved back to my mums that's when I found out I was pregnant, my brothers ex girlfriend lives with my mum with my niece and her other 10 month old son. I'm honestly starting to get depressed the house is always noisey because of the kids she invites her step sisters over to stay without asking my mum her sisters are here for the weekend now. I feel like a stranger in my mums house. She has the spare room which I need for me and my unborn son. Me and my mum are taking it in turns to sleep on the sofa and the bed. I'm only working part time now so can not afford to get my own place plus I want to stay with my mum anyway as I will need her help. My mum is to nice to just tell her to go she has no intentions of leaving. I keep getting upset about it and crying it's horrible not being able to just relax! Any advice would be great X
You need to tell her to move out nicely, together. ASAP. Otherwise you will never move on with life and she will take an advantage from you and your mum.
Reply 2
Original post by SophieFxx
I need some help guys I moved back home in March I was living and working in Leeds since 2013 which I loved but unfortunately I split up with my ex so has to leave my job with Leeds council.
When I moved back to my mums that's when I found out I was pregnant, my brothers ex girlfriend lives with my mum with my niece and her other 10 month old son. I'm honestly starting to get depressed the house is always noisey because of the kids she invites her step sisters over to stay without asking my mum her sisters are here for the weekend now. I feel like a stranger in my mums house. She has the spare room which I need for me and my unborn son. Me and my mum are taking it in turns to sleep on the sofa and the bed. I'm only working part time now so can not afford to get my own place plus I want to stay with my mum anyway as I will need her help. My mum is to nice to just tell her to go she has no intentions of leaving. I keep getting upset about it and crying it's horrible not being able to just relax! Any advice would be great X

Oh dear.. This is really unfair.. Does she pay anything for the rent? I think that it should be your brother's responsibility to tell her to move out..
Reply 3
My mum hasn't been able to work as she suffers from anxiety so she has been claiming housing benefit for a few months. My mum would get all of her house paid for but because my brothers ex lives here and she's a non dependant she doesn't. So my brothers ex has to give my mum £15 a week but it's a nightmare just getting the money of her. I'm so glad you guys also think this is unfair. I was starting think I'm being selfish but I'm really not. Any ideas on what we should do? I think I'm going to sit down with my mum and tell her that if she doesn't leave soon in going to have to go elsewhere x
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by In2u
Oh dear.. This is really unfair.. Does she pay anything for the rent? I think that it should be your brother's responsibility to tell her to move out..

We don't really see my brother anymore he's moved away x
Reply 5
My mum hasn't been able to work as she suffers from anxiety so she has been claiming housing benefit for a few months. My mum would get all of her house paid for but because my brothers ex lives here and she's a non dependant she doesn't. So my brothers ex has to give my mum £15 a week but it's a nightmare just getting the money of her. I'm so glad you guys also think this is unfair. I was starting think I'm being selfish but I'm really not. Any ideas on what we should do? I think I'm going to sit down with my mum and tell her that if she doesn't leave soon in going to have to go elsewhere x

Have you talked to her? I know it may be hard but you must stand up for yourself. I am sure she would understand you unless she is a very terrible person.. Hasn't she talked about any of her future plans about moving out or anything similar?
Reply 6
Original post by In2u
Have you talked to her? I know it may be hard but you must stand up for yourself. I am sure she would understand you unless she is a very terrible person.. Hasn't she talked about any of her future plans about moving out or anything similar?
nope the other the day she was saying when my baby is here and I go back to work she can watch my baby for me. This made me instantly think that she has long terms plans on staying here. she's such a angry person if you told her to leave she would start going off. X
Reply 7
Sounds nice of her to offer to look after your child once he's here.

But I don't know the situation. Talk to her, she can apply for a house with her children? Suggest it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why would she leave? Shes getting everything she wants. Free service from your family. Since your brother isnt there just tell her flat out, or make some excuses that will make her leave.
Reply 9
Original post by SMEGGGY
Sounds nice of her to offer to look after your child once he's here.

But I don't know the situation. Talk to her, she can apply for a house with her children? Suggest it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is nice shame she's not the type of person I would want looking after my child.
That's the other problem she can't get any housing as she isn't a British citizen she's been having problems with her application for years.
I don't really know much about that side of things anyway! But it feels like we're stuck with her x
Yes it is nice shame she's not the type of person I would want looking after my child.
That's the other problem she can't get any housing as she isn't a British citizen she's been having problems with her application for years.
I don't really know much about that side of things anyway! But it feels like we're stuck with her x

Seriously learn how to deal with people. Is this the first time you are getting rid of someone from your life?
Where does you niece and nephew sleep?

STOP BEING NICE TO HER, she's taking the piss and taking advantage of your mum's kindness. Please tell your mum to throw her out because if she does she will be doing her a favour because once she tells her to go she will have to go to the council office and they will give her a place to live even if it's a hostel. So your mum can not give her anytime to move out she must tell her straight away. As soon as you read this your mum must tell her to leave or do it both together. If she says she needs time to find somewhere tell her No , she must leave straight away because if you kick her out the same day you read this the council will give her a place straight away cos she has kids. If they don't then let her sleep on the couch. But i promise the council will help her cos she has kids but they can't until your mum or both of you throw her out. She's evil to let you and your mum sleep on the couch.
How can anyone be so stupid to allow the council to charge you extra just because that scrounging idiot is living there.
KICK HER ASS OUT NOW then you and your mum will get your life back
Or tell her you are all going down the council and explain to them you have kicked her out that same day and you won't let her back in because your forced to sleep on the couch.

Show mummy all these replies on this forum so she understands that woman is ruining both your lives so she has to go
If she refuses to leave drag her out or call the police or tell your brother to tell her to leave. But your best bet to get rid is to tell her straight she's being evicted tomorrow but tell her because your kicking her out the council have to rehouse her because she has kids. Tell her the council will give her her own house.
She's a bloody scrounger because she gets lots of money in benefits because she has kids but not giving your mum much.

If she told you that then she's a liar. I saw on tv last month a programme led How To Get A Council House and a man who does not have British Citizenship came with his wife and 3 or 4 children. At first they would not help him because he did not tell them before he was getting benefits but after he told them they had to help him because he had kids and they gave him a house but a British born man who had 2 kids and was sleeping on his mums couch they refused to give him a house. But the other man who was not born here and had only been in the country for a few weeks or months alone then came back with all his family got a council house over the British born man

Type How to get a council house on You Tube watch all the series and you will see how that man got a council house

You and your mum must Take your brothers girlfriend to the council and lie and say you have already evicted her and she is not coming back then they will be forced to re house her.
You and your mum have to go with her so she can't lie and say they refused
Even if she said she tried before this time you must both go with her and if they refuse to help her you must be perssistent and refuse to leave or come back everyday to harrass them until they give in
And when she is offered a place you fill in forms to say she is no longer there so the council can give you back your full benefits

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending