The Student Room Group

I'm a Pole I think Brexit was STUPID

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bella909
The EU referendum became a referendum primarily centred on immigration, people many voted to leave because they were under the illusion that immigration would stop immediately. What makes you think that those who voted to leave would support a continuation of free movement when it is in fact the direct opposite of what they want? I would highly doubt the uneducated masses who we have to listen to would support free movement after this

Never did anyone say before the referendum took place that Britian will continue the free movement. However, it's down to the government to decide on such issue as that will also be one of the things that will be negotiated. Since immigrants tend to be rather benefitical to the British economy, there have been claims that free movement will remain. Of course, this can be argued against with relevant facts
Reply 81
Original post by Magdax

Skilled migrants (including Polish) forced to move out of UK and UK citizens in other countries also.

Nobody has been forced to move out yet, and skilled immigrants will certainly not be expelled.
I'm absolutely sick to my stomach by all these smug, arrogant, irrational, ignorant, aggressive, authoritarian, anti-democratic "millennial" idiots who think they're the torch-bearers of intellectuality and progress. Kindly **** off! You do not speak for me. The most you've achieved so far is bringing about feminism, otherwise known as "third-wave feminism", a toxic PC culture, cultural Marxism, unbearable SJW-ism and a widespread atmosphere of irrationality and anti-intellectualism as far as public discourse is concerned. You have the nerve to insult, disrespect and spit on your elders, who have contributed their entire lives to the prosperity of Europe, seen and experienced their homelands regress as the decades went by and possess infinitely more life experience than you spoiled, ungrateful, whiny brats. You're an absolute disgrace to my generation, to Europe, to the west and to humanity as a whole. You're the worst collective the earth has ever produced and I will be forever ashamed to be even slightly associated with idiots like you. Brexit has reignited my hope for the future even though there are way too many mindless millennial zombies roaming the earth determined to drag everyone down with them into the deep, dark abyss of misery in the name of "progressivism". I sincerely hope that Brexit is only the beginning.
Reply 83
Original post by katherine9609
None actually. It's not that difficult to use a brain. I've just finished my A levels, one of them being history so I know what this country has went through, politically and economically in the last 100 years.

In all honesty, there's no need for immature remarks just because you seem to think that an immigrant is placed lower than you are

Original post by Yua
I agree with your points but when you say stuff like this its corny

Yeah shes corny. I took A level history too and I also know what this country has went through and I did some extra research.
Original post by Yua
I agree with your points but when you say stuff like this its corny

I was only backing up my knowledge which was doubted by the person. Gotta agree it wasn't really needed but immature remarks can make a person rather annoyed
Reply 85
Original post by ICEN_Prophet
I'm absolutely sick to my stomach by all these smug, arrogant, irrational, ignorant, aggressive, authoritarian, anti-democratic "millennial" idiots who think they're the torch-bearers of intellectuality and progress. Kindly **** off! You do not speak for me. The most you've achieved so far is bringing about feminism, otherwise known as "third-wave feminism", a toxic PC culture, cultural Marxism, unbearable SJW-ism and a widespread atmosphere of irrationality and anti-intellectualism as far as public discourse is concerned. You have the nerve to insult, disrespect and spit on your elders, who have contributed their entire lives to the prosperity of Europe, seen and experienced their homelands regress as the decades went by and possess infinitely more life experience than you spoiled, ungrateful, whiny brats. You're an absolute disgrace to my generation, to Europe, to the west and to humanity as a whole. You're the worst collective the earth has ever produced and I will be forever ashamed to be even slightly associated with idiots like you. Brexit has reignited my hope for the future even though there are way too many mindless millennial zombies roaming the earth determined to drag everyone down with them into the deep, dark abyss of misery in the name of "progressivism". I sincerely hope that Brexit is only the beginning.

hi do you want some ice cream friend? relax friend
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Do you know what goes on in the minds of a lot of the 17 million Brexiters then? Childish generalisation of Leave voters and being against unskilled immigration isn't racist. It's common sense.

If you're against unskilled immigration... why did we leave the EU, exactly? The vast majority of our unskilled immigration comes from outside the EU, and we haven't even started controlling that.
Original post by JordanL_
If you're against unskilled immigration... why did we leave the EU, exactly? The vast majority of our unskilled immigration comes from outside the EU, and we haven't even started controlling that.

Then start the problem small and build it up..
Original post by Yua
hi do you want some ice cream friend? relax friend

Yes, please! I would love to!
Original post by Shapez
Omg what are you saying. You said you did history but now you're talking about economics... do you do that too? omg

The units my teacher chose for the History A level were based on the British past in the economy, politics and society, with the economy and politics being the mains topics so
Never did anyone say before the referendum took place that Britian will continue the free movement. However, it's down to the government to decide on such issue as that will also be one of the things that will be negotiated. Since immigrants tend to be rather benefitical to the British economy, there have been claims that free movement will remain. Of course, this can be argued against with relevant facts

If the government (whoever that ends up being) attempts to negotiate a deal allowing free movement to continue then the Brexiters are going against everything they promised in their campaign; as a result the 51.9% who voted leave would be in uproar and not allow this to happen.

People voted leave because they want immigration figures to drop! They have all been blinded by the lies and exaggerations of the leave campaign

Immigrants are beneficial to the country but try telling that to those who want to leave..
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by cogito.
The exam petition is alive:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/135500/sponsors/LMlE7DVx6EkbbRUo0ZB

My petition:

Make it compulsory for an exam consisting logic and math for registering tovote

Don't put your name on that, bad look
If the government (whoever that ends up being) attempts to negotiate a deal allowing free movement to continue then the Brexiters are going against everything they promised in their campaign; as a result the 51.9% who voted leave would be in uproar and not allow this to happen.

People voted leave because they want immigration figures to drop! They have all been blinded by the lies and exaggerations of the leave campaign

True but even if the government chooses to do something that goes against the public opinion, then the worst that can happen would be riots and strikes but that doesn't necessarily ensure the gov. Dropping the idea.

After all it will really depend on who will be the new PM in October and how he/she/whoever will deal with the matter

...Wouldn't that be starting with controlling the less useful immigration that we can already control?

Seems like we took the most destructive, disproportionate and least beneficial approach to a very simple problem.
Reply 94

Why would you want to start a problem in the first place wtf are you saying please please please think before saying something
Reply 95
True but even if the government chooses to do something that goes against the public opinion, then the worst that can happen would be riots and strikes but that doesn't necessarily ensure the gov. Dropping the idea.

After all it will really depend on who will be the new PM in October and how he/she/whoever will deal with the matter

Immigrants are beneficial to the country but try telling that to those who want to leave..

Hey are you both immigrants? lolz
Original post by DorianGrayism
So what? That is only going to work for a while.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about a recession. I was just talking about any trade deal with the EU that doesn't involve single market access.

I just want to make money mate. Don't get mad.

It isn't the first time I've gotten into a debate with an ally. I'm so used to hearing the regressive left suggest Britain is entering an apocalypse over the past hour I'm finding myself finding an argument with everyone.
Original post by JordanL_
...Wouldn't that be starting with controlling the less useful immigration that we can already control?

Seems like we took the most destructive, disproportionate and least beneficial approach to a very simple problem.

Oh fudge I said that wrong. That was a mistake on my part I was distracted while writing that.

What I meant was tackle the small problems that are easiest to get rid of then tackle the bigger ones.

Original post by Shapez
Why would you want to start a problem in the first place wtf are you saying please please please think before saying something

The problem was already there. Read up the most recent statistics that got released by the Evening Standard.
Oh fudge I said that wrong. That was a mistake on my part I was distracted while writing that.

What I meant was tackle the small problems that are easiest to get rid of then tackle the bigger ones.

But again, wouldn't that be controlling the immigration we can control, before cutting off political union, severing trade deals and negotiating treaties?
Why must you declare you are a Pole ?It doesnt make your argument anymore valid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending