The Student Room Group

Brexit on Investment Banking Jobs

Scroll to see replies

A minute of silence for us, europeans, who wanted to land a job in the City.
Original post by andrewUK
Don't see much point. even tho i wanted to remain i doubt the EU will survive for more than 5 years. 60 years of peace, unity and stability gone like a fart in the wind

I also have the same doubt. Members are starting to realise that the benefits are only skewed towards one member, aka Germany. Interesting end outcome, and possibly a good one as a new system may be born.
You do know banking is Britain strongest most powerful industry. its the reason why we are one of the strongest economies in the world
-london generates approximately 22 per cent of the UK's GDP
-its worth 90 billion
smh

EXACTLY

kills me how retarded people are - Britain needs the financial services industry; without it it is an average eu economy.
Original post by Kiwith
A minute of silence for us, europeans, who wanted to land a job in the City.

why can't you work in your own financial hub ?
Reply 24
Original post by MBBPrincess

aww you scared of the competition?
Original post by drogon
aww you scared of the competition?

No. It's a legitimate question.
Reply 26
No. It's a legitimate question.

Well it's a stupid question.
Original post by benedictblue
So... Brexit actually won. I'm half happy but half concerned about my future at the same time as we see Banks threatening to shift their HQs and jobs from London to EU. How will this affect summer internships and graduate prospect? Thoughts? :s-smilie:

excellent news yep, will causer even greater uncertainty amongst young students who already bust their ass to get into the sector. A young person voting leave might be one of the stupidest things ive ever witnessed.
Original post by squish562
Most voters don't care about these bankers. We care about our sovereignty, our freedoms and values that our ancestors fought for which are threatened with by the EU, not whether the bankers get to keep their jobs or not.

If you can't get into banking, boo hoo. Get another job. Something that actually helps our society.

nows not the time for this generic moralistic ******** we constantly have to read, it actually a serious and worrying time for people who strive to get into the industry.
Original post by welcometoib
nows not the time for this generic moralistic ******** we constantly have to read, it actually a serious and worrying time for people who strive to get into the industry.

Oh I'm sorry that you have to go into a proper job that contributes to society instead of ruining the country for your pay check. I'm so sorry.
Oh I'm sorry that you have to go into a proper job that contributes to society instead of ruining the country for your pay check. I'm so sorry.

You do realise without the financial services industry most of this country is going to go to the crapper right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
You do realise without the financial services industry most of this country is going to go to the crapper right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Man's joking. Man's trying to act like Daily mail reader innit.
Well in the long term the Conservatives might decrease taxes on the financial industry and ease regulation. Which will be undoubtedly good for it. If the EU introduce a financial transaction tax and get stronger regulation I see no reason why the UK can't have a healthy finance industry.
Don't see much point. even tho i wanted to remain i doubt the EU will survive for more than 5 years. 60 years of peace, unity and stability gone like a fart in the wind

despite being extremelyyy upset about the vote; this made me laugh out loud. thanks for that.

*goes back to tears now*
For all we know, the government could create new legislation for the financial sector. Given the significance of the industry to London's and the country's economy, I highly doubt nothing is going to be done to prevent financial institutions from relocating their headquarters.

People need to stop hastily jumping to conclusions and worrying about things they evidently know little about.

Well, I agree with the "stupid question" statement above... btw, I believe every finance student dreams about working in the City (or Wall Street): more money, more prestige. Ofc I can work in my financial hub, but it's not the same thing as London.
Reply 36
Man's joking. Man's trying to act like Daily mail reader innit.

didnt expect better from you
Reply 37
Original post by benedictblue
Thoughts? :s-smilie:

Start learning German as Frankfurt may be the next financial capital of Europe
Reply 38
I am not sure if Germany is going to be next financial capital of Europe, given that Germany failed to inspire trust to its investors that they can regulate EU. Sterling will go down, but Euro will follow.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
I think Dublin has a good stance because:
- native English language
- good time zone
- already good tax structure and favourable legal climate;
- gateway to eu and gives this so necessary 'eu passporting'
- supporting industries such as law firms, management consulting, big 4 etc are well developed.

We shall wait and see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending