The Student Room Group

Congratulations Britain, you played yourself.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Themini
Ignore them the pro leave camp cant offer any solutions so they resort to insulting the OP. Honestly that stems from top down.

None the pro leave people in government has any strategy or any contingency plans. So I guess we're all just in it for the ride now.

I voted remain actually. Nice try though.
Reply 21
We were idiots to leave, the stock markets lost £150B, we're lucky it didn't turn into The Great Depression back in the 1930s. Now there's going to be an economic downfall, probably a huge recession, inflation and equity. People only voted leave because of the immigrants coming into our country, we all live in this world why can't we accept people if they want help, not too much and not too little. There was so much benefits of staying in the EU and just so many folk in the UK that want less immigrants because they think immigrants are overturning the British Community. UKIP (Farage) are just going to turn on everyone, those who voted leave are really gullible and pathetic and do not see the future we are heading i into.
Original post by So Instinct
Funny because you look like a Becky with 1 GCSE.

🔥🔥🔥🔥
Reply 23
Original post by Fenice
On behalf of young people everywhere may I just say that democratic accountability does matter to me and to a great many of us besides.

lol no. you're not speaking on behalf of young people cos thats a very unpopular view.
Reply 24
Original post by SaksENF
We were idiots to leave, the stock markets lost £150B, we're lucky it didn't turn into The Great Depression back in the 1930s. Now there's going to be an economic downfall, probably a huge recession, inflation and equity. People only voted leave because of the immigrants coming into our country, we all live in this world why can't we accept people if they want help, not too much and not too little. There was so much benefits of staying in the EU and just so many folk in the UK that want less immigrants because they think immigrants are overturning the British Community. UKIP (Farage) are just going to turn on everyone, those who voted leave are really gullible and pathetic and do not see the future we are heading i into.

Stop chatting **** the stock market is back up now we got back most of the money. I hate when people start chatting ****.
Reply 25
Original post by Shapez
Stop chatting **** the stock market is back up now we got back most of the money. I hate when people start chatting ****.

Go educate yourself you sound BTEC! How long do you think the Markets will be up for until we see the effects of what uneducated fools like you voted for.
Original post by drogon
Shut up teacher. Enjoy your **** wage you prick theres nothing impressive with flunking A levels. Durham? Not even a target.

m8 you wont even get into a RG uni :rofl:
Original post by Zargabaath
The oldest people in the country are the ones who've been around in and out of the EU. They're the ones who've seen how it's impacted and changed their country. They're literally eyewitnesses to the entire life of the EU. Surely they're the ones who's opinions we should be taking into account?

And the fact you're trying to remove people's right to vote shows how fascist you are. Trying to shut down people who you think differently to you.

And also if you think all brexiters are becky with 1 GCSE and old people, you need to get tf out of your bubble and try to understand and empathise with those surrounding you a bit more. You're entire post reeks of ignorance.

To me, the reason the country (and to further extent the world) is so pathetically messed up IS these old people. We were paying for their mistakes way before the referendum, and now we'll be paying for them much longer. They're the reason we had an oil crisis in the 70s/80s, the arming of terrorist groups in the Middle Americas and Middle East, the Cold War because of an ego contest, the invasion of Iraq, the economic meltdown in the mid/late 2000s that some people still haven't recovered from, and a government that needs to screw its own youth out of a future in order to pay for their 3rd homes in Malta.

That's not even mentioning the classism, xenophobia, racism, greed, pompousness, finger pointing, ignorance, incompetence, and general sense of disjointness that they built this country on and raised us with. The EU was simply used as a scapegoat in order to make people feel like everything that was wrong with this country was the doing of someone else instead of themselves.

Old people are the last ones I'd trust to decide my future for me. Should we take away their vote, no? But when it comes to something that affects my ability to have a good life before mine has even started, I cannot truly see why they should be the ones taking it away from me. But who cares about what I have to say, I'm just an immigrant here to use the system and give nothing back :colondollar:
Reply 28
Original post by SaksENF
Go educate yourself you sound BTEC! How long do you think the Markets will be up for until we see the effects of what uneducated fools like you voted for.

I didnt vote for leave. You should really look at the facts before chatting ****
Reply 29
Original post by physicsphysics91
m8 you wont even get into a RG uni :rofl:

im done pissing you off today. You're getting boring.
Original post by drogon
im done pissing you off today. You're getting boring.

You wont even do STEM either, probs sociology at Notts Trent :rofl:
Reply 31
Original post by Shapez
I didnt vote for leave. You should really look at the facts before chatting ****

Off you go to the next one mate.
Original post by Shapez

You sound like a less sophisticated version of Holden from Catcher in the Rye.
Reply 33
Original post by SaksENF
Off you go to the next one mate.

Was that another opinion :?
Reply 34
Original post by IFoundWonderland
You sound like a less sophisticated version of Holden from Catcher in the Rye.

If I sound sophisticated for stating facts then yes I am holder from whatever :??????
Yes the old people who have worked longer than all of us, have seen the impact of the EU the most and have served our country- why should they not be able to vote? What an absolutely disgusting proposal. They have done so much for us- they have every right to decide the future of the country
Hey, I voted to leave and i got 3A*s, 4As and 2Bs, so using that argument is disingenuous.
Original post by Shapez
How many BTECS you got Zara tell us

In Year 11 :smile: I'll let you know in August when it's results day how many GCSEs I got
Original post by Shapez
If I sound sophisticated for stating facts then yes I am holder from whatever :??????

Unsophisticated. You also stated no facts.
Original post by SaksENF

Original post by Shapez
Look at the FTSE 100 if you are so sure. Im not a leave supporter but you really have no clue about what im talking about do you.

Original post by IFoundWonderland
Un
sophisticated. You also stated no facts.

You may appreciate some 'facts' and figures.

(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending