Reply 1
Original post by brodingoson
Here is the Decision 1 thread!

How's everyone's revision going?

I hate Decision.
Reply 2
Original post by Dullah
I hate Decision.

What are you struggling on? I can help if you want?
Hi!

I saw a thread for the 2015 exam, but not one for the 2016 one. Just starting this thread so that people can discuss the exam and post any resources/questions.

How's everyone finding D1? I'm resitting it for a few extra UMS. I didn't find it hard, but I did literally no revision for it last year, so I'm obviously changing that this year! :smile:

(Thanks to @jjsnyder for the 2015 thread and the list of resources)

D1 Past Papers: goo.gl/MKKCjY

Summary Notes: goo.gl/SHr2ol

Revision Sheets: goo.gl/0LmZuk

Graph Theory Content:

Connected: possible to travel from one vertex to any other

Loop: connects a vertex to itself

Simple: graph contains no loops or multiple edges

Degree: number of edges at a vertex

Complete: all vertices are directly connected

Path: route which doesn't repeat any vertices

Cycle: path that finishes where it started

Hamiltonian Cycle: cycle goes through each vertex only once

Tree: graph with no cycles

Eulerian: all vertices are even

Spanning tree: a tree that includes all the vertices of a graph

Minimum spanning tree: spanning tree with the least total weight

For a network of n vertices, there will be n-1 edges in a minimum spanning tree

A complete graph has 1 edge connecting every possible pair of vertices. A complete graph with n vertices is called Kn and has 1/2n(n-1) edges

The number of Hamiltonian cycles in a complete graph with n vertices (Kn) is 1/2(n-1)!

In Chinese Postman when you are pairing odd vertices, if there are n odd vertices then the number of possible pairings is (n-1)x(n-3)x(n-5)x...x1 (or as pointed out by @PrimeLime (n-1)!!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you, so stressed out about this exam...😱😱
Original post by Mimiastc
Thank you, so stressed out about this exam...😱😱

Hi!

Me too... haven't really been prioritising it as it's my last exam, but I don't want to make silly mistakes! :s-smilie:

What other subjects do you take? :smile:
thanks. havent done ANYTHING so far lol
Original post by hi-zen-berg
thanks. havent done ANYTHING so far lol

Aha I haven't either really! Just looked at notes to brush up my memory, I have S1, C3 and C4 first! :afraid:
Hi guys!

My college also have videos available on certain topics if you find that useful, but the user is private so I'd have to directly send you the link. Let me know if you want any of the links and I'll send you them. :smile:
Original post by sophiebookley
Hi!

Me too... haven't really been prioritising it as it's my last exam, but I don't want to make silly mistakes! :s-smilie:

What other subjects do you take? :smile:

Yeah thats literally me too😂 I am taking D1 for further math so I have literally not picked up the text book in 6 months haha ... I do Chem,bio,physics math and further math...

My moms a doctor so hopefully that explains my crazy subject choices😒

Yeah I make really stupid mistakes too especially cause I run out of time .. Plus the gun charts takes me years ..
Reply 10
Any tips for this exam guys? How do you guys go about remembering all the different algorithms? For example the difference between prims and nearest neighbour?
Original post by Maj12
Any tips for this exam guys? How do you guys go about remembering all the different algorithms? For example the difference between prims and nearest neighbour?

For Nearest neighbour, I always think I am walking along the Hamiltonian cycle myself

So if i circle AB in the matrix, i just walked from A to B. I am now currently 'at' B and must find a short vertex out of B.

If I was 'at' B and then circled CD that wouldn't make any physical sense for example

:P dunno lol
these flash cards may help people

http://www.cram.com/flashcards/decision-1-7396387
Is this exam 9am or 1.30pm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PiTheta97
Is this exam 9am or 1.30pm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe it's a morning exam, so 9am. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by tajtsracc
Could someone help me with a question? How do you get y + 3/2x for part (b)(iii)?

Get your ruler out.Starting from your objective line, move the ruler, keeping gradient constant until you reach a point on the edge of your feasible region, where no other points are visible. Read off the x and y values for this point, then sub them into your equation to find how many he can buy. Seems a bit much for 2 marks though so I might've be telling you rubbish :/ :wink:
Reply 16
No no I get that, I meant how do you get y + 3/2x?

Oh XD sorry I'd have to do the whole question and I'm too tired after the M1 exam today
Could someone help me with a question? How do you get y + 3/2x for part (b)(iii)?

y + 3/2 x = 0 is the equation of the objective line. He was to maximise the number of pillows purchased, so the objective function is P = x + y + z. However, he buys twice as many soft pillows as firm pillows, so x = 2z. Subbing this into the objective function gives: P = x + y +0.5x. Therefore P = 3/2 x + y = 0.
Reply 18
I was feeling confident about this exam but after the other AQA exams I've had... (M1, C3) I'm really nervous about this one :/
My teacher thinks it's gonna be a tough one and they're gonna throw some algebra in there (like the nearest neighbour questions that have come up before) but he's not sure where.
Any predictions?
I'm expecting a lot of tough graph theory questions ('cause AQA hate us this year)
Papers are independently written. The notion that all exams will be tricky because it's written by AQA is wrong. Stats 2, Stats 1, FP1 and Core 4 have been reasonable.

Quick Reply

Latest