The Student Room Group

art portfolio

Hi,
I have to create an art portfolio in two days. I want to study graphics at a-level and i don't study art at GCSE so the college has asked me to create an art portfolio. I have no clue in what i am doing and have no guidance whatsoever. Can someone please offer me some advice ASAP!!!
Reply 1
Hey,
Let me know if you still need advice or anything! I've been offered a place to study Illustration, also used to study Graphic Design for years. Feel free to contact me, I'll be glad to help :smile:
Dude you need work to create a portfolio. An art portfolio is basically a presentation of your best pieces sooooo

Original post by Lou__x
Hey,
Let me know if you still need advice or anything! I've been offered a place to study Illustration, also used to study Graphic Design for years. Feel free to contact me, I'll be glad to help :smile:

Perhaps advise by answering the question?!
Reply 3
Original post by Lou__x
Hey,

i really need help!!! asap
Reply 4
Original post by Lou__x
Hey,

So i understand that for a portfolio i need art related things which i had create. I did a small amount of research and i just know that i need different forms of media. So far i have pictures that vie taken, very told painting and poster I've created for school e.g. prom poster. I just printed them on A5 and plan to stick in in a sketchbook.

thats all i have so far and I'm really stuck! what do you advise?

oh and thank you soon much!!!!!!
you need to show final pieces along with development so that includes sketches/research/experimentations. I would also suggest creating your own typeface as a mini project. Create posters and do lots of variations. Whatever you design make sure you focus on typography
Original post by aissocool
Hi,
I have to create an art portfolio in two days. I want to study graphics at a-level and i don't study art at GCSE so the college has asked me to create an art portfolio. I have no clue in what i am doing and have no guidance whatsoever. Can someone please offer me some advice ASAP!!!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=974132

Quick Reply

Latest