The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Forgot about this, I got a 2:1 in my UG course so I made my offer.
Original post by physicsphysics91
Forgot about this, I got a 2:1 in my UG course so I made my offer.

Lol leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by felecita
I get so panicked when I realise I have no time left, then all I can think about is how I'm screwed and won't get into uni etc, so I sit there stressing with my hand shaking yet not writing :colonhash:

I'm really trying to go with that whole mentality, there's nothing I can do to change it now so it seems stupid to waste time stressing. However the fact I've just spent far too long averaging out 100, 90, 80 UMS boundaries since 2009 seems to contradict that idea :lol: though statistically, if grade boundaries are average and I get the marks which I think I got, I should just scrape an A* by the skin of my teeth. Except I thought that with C3 last year, was expecting ~95 before I got the paper mark and saw all my stupid mistakes.

That's literally me in exams too :hugs:

Haha I've also been playing about with the UMS converter. With last year's grade boundaries and the marks I think I've got, I just scrape an A* but I'm keeping my expectations low so I don't end up dissappointed.

Thank you! Same goes for you, I'm sure your C4 went better than you think but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :h:

Thanks! Hopefully the Cambridge dream really does come true!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by physicsmaths

I can't leave, I made my offer

Which subject? :smile:
Original post by Serine Soul
Which subject? :smile:

PGCE at Homerton, you?

I hope your joking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's literally me in exams too :hugs:

Haha I've also been playing about with the UMS converter. With last year's grade boundaries and the marks I think I've got, I just scrape an A* but I'm keeping my expectations low so I don't end up dissappointed.

Thanks! Hopefully the Cambridge dream really does come true!

I almost cried in C4 today :redface: I've just never felt quite so bad in an exam before.

The UMS converter is way more fun than I thought it would be! I wish OCR had it last year and I'm not really sure why they're bringing it in at the time that UMS is being scrapped but oh well. Last years boundaries would put me at 179, so 1 UMS off an A* :argh: everyone is saying this years paper was harder but I feel like straight after an exam, people always said that.

I don't post much here but I do a fair bit of lurking every now and then, and you've been here so long and worked so hard for this, I really hope you get it!
I hope your joking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why so angry :rofl:
Why so angry :rofl:

You voted leave. We were gona be homerton buddies.
No more. Sorry. No more. Can i chnge college plz.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

loooool, who's gonna do ya homework for you instead then

Posted from TSR Mobile

m8

We are still buddies right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314
m8

We are still buddies right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still buddies? Never were in the first place ladboy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still buddies? Never were in the first place ladboy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cry then :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
PGCE at Homerton, you?

I hold an offer for Natural Sciences at Newnham which I probably won't meet

I'm guessing you wanna teach physics? Where did you graduate from? :smile:
I hold an offer for Natural Sciences at Newnham which I probably won't meet

I'm guessing you wanna teach physics? Where did you graduate from? :smile:

Aww I'm sure you'll be fine. I did my MPhys in astrophysics at Durham :smile:
Wtf, this thread is still active? It hasn't appeared in my watched threads for a while, I assumed it was inactive

Someone needs to update me on the banter I've missed
I hope everyone's doing well and exams have gone/are going well. I've still got M2 and physics Unit 5 left myself, and my offer depends on M2 at this point thanks to my illiteracy when it comes to FM exams. :tongue:
Reply 838
Thinking you've missed the offer is common, I remember thinking I'd missed my offer and a number of my friends felt the same. In reality, most people make it (apart from maths of course..) Have some faith in the general stupidity of the rest of the population to fix whatever grade boundaries you're worried about (apart from maths of course...) :wink:

As a homage to the mathmos, just take solace in the fact that you're smarter than everyone anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
@physicsmaths,

don't forget to attend my party at Churchill accommodation on freshers week. I've got Coca Cola and everything.

Latest

Trending

Trending