The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Neuroscience

Just thought I'd start a thread for anyone wanting to study Neuroscience at Middlesex
i study psychology with neuroscience currently.
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Original post by faizayasmin
i study psychology with neuroscience currently.

Really? How do you find it?
Original post by JubilationXXV
Really? How do you find it?

The neuroscience part is killing me, I only have one an hour and a half/2 hour lecture per week and its like 100 slides per lecture. That which you look back on and see its nothing helpful apart from titles that i HAVE TO SEARCH IN A BOOK. All in all, i love learning just not in the environment the guy teaches in because the rooms bore me and his voice puts me to sleep. Various times i've found myself itching to leave because i cat focus i feel like I'm wasting my time lol. I have 1 exam coming up 22nd April, which I'm probably gonna fail as when I asked whats coming up he just replied 'everything' well thanks. oh did i mention he dislikes me hard
The neuroscience part is killing me, I only have one an hour and a half/2 hour lecture per week and its like 100 slides per lecture. That which you look back on and see its nothing helpful apart from titles that i HAVE TO SEARCH IN A BOOK. All in all, i love learning just not in the environment the guy teaches in because the rooms bore me and his voice puts me to sleep. Various times i've found myself itching to leave because i cat focus i feel like I'm wasting my time lol. I have 1 exam coming up 22nd April, which I'm probably gonna fail as when I asked whats coming up he just replied 'everything' well thanks. oh did i mention he dislikes me hard

Oh god...that doesn't sound promising. Good luck for your exam! Quick question...for your first year, how many days a week do you have to attend uni? Is it 5 or do you have days off as well? Of course it will vary for the course but I just wanna know roughly

Thanks
Just thought I'd start a thread for anyone wanting to study Neuroscience at Middlesex

I've applied for neurosceince,just hoping I get the grades. Did you attend the open day?
Original post by meowtiddles
I've applied for neurosceince,just hoping I get the grades. Did you attend the open day?

I didn't. I wanted to but I missed it. How was it, that is if you did go?
Also, have you paid for the deposit on accommodation yet?
Nope, I'm commuting from home
(edited 7 years ago)
What stuff do you cover on the undergrad neuroscience there?
Oh god...that doesn't sound promising. Good luck for your exam! Quick question...for your first year, how many days a week do you have to attend uni? Is it 5 or do you have days off as well? Of course it will vary for the course but I just wanna know roughly

Thanks

thanks! it was terrible. i went in 3 days a week, and not 3 full days, probably like a day and a half if i could squash it all together. also we finished in april and go back in october..
Original post by hellodave5
What stuff do you cover on the undergrad neuroscience there?

the one module i did (lmao) foundation neuroscience covers the basics on neurons and anatomy/physiology and pathologies within each sector. You also do a bit on the brain.

My one exam included everything, so it wasn't divided into like pathologies or action potentials etc.
Original post by meowtiddles
Nope, I'm commuting from home

do u live nearby?
do u live nearby?

Aha no not really, I live more towards Essex. But I thought since its only an hour away I might aswell take the train. Hope your neuroscience and psychology exams go swimmingly xx
do u live nearby?

Hi again...I don't think my exams are going too well...so I don't know if I'll get the grades that I need. So I was wondering if you know just how lenient the university is when it comes to grades/ UCAS points. Do you know anyone who got accepted with lower grades?

Thank you
Reply 14
Hi again...I don't think my exams are going too well...so I don't know if I'll get the grades that I need. So I was wondering if you know just how lenient the university is when it comes to grades/ UCAS points. Do you know anyone who got accepted with lower grades?

Thank you

Hello, i applied to do neuroscience at middlesex last year and found that I didn't get the grades I had wanted. I called up the accommodation team and they were quite helpful. I think they could accept your grades. I didn't go because i'd failed my course :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending