The Student Room Group

I'm a Pole I think Brexit was STUPID

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Oh fudge I said that wrong. That was a mistake on my part I was distracted while writing that.

What I meant was tackle the small problems that are easiest to get rid of then tackle the bigger ones.

The problem was already there. Read up the most recent statistics that got released by the Evening Standard.

Hey you are a girl.. Have you done economics or history or anything? What are you basing your opinions on. Just what you see outside your window?
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
They should have made voters take an IQ test first

Action T4. Very bad idea and it's concerning how many people have liked your comment.

Low IQ=/=ignorance. I know people with high IQs who voted leave.
Original post by JordanL_
But again, wouldn't that be controlling the immigration we can control, before cutting off political union, severing trade deals and negotiating treaties?

What kind of control did we have? Because last time I checked, the government pledged to keep immigration at 10,000s or to a figure something similar. He's failed to do that.

Original post by Shapez
Hey you are a girl.. Have you done economics or history or anything? What are you basing your opinions on. Just what you see outside your window?

Yes I do History. Why?

And I'm basing my opinions on stats. Problem?
What kind of control did we have? Because last time I checked, the government pledged to keep immigration at 10,000s or to a figure something similar. He's failed to do that.

We have full control over non-EU immigration. The EU isn't stopping us from doing that. If the problem is that we can't control non-EU immigration, why would we be able to control EU immigration?
Reply 104

Yes I do History. Why?

Well history isnt really relevant but Ok who hasnt done history everyone here has done it. Im guessing you are a leaver?
Reply 105
Original post by katherine9609
The units my teacher chose for the History A level were based on the British past in the economy, politics and society, with the economy and politics being the mains topics so

I have two masters with distinction in modern history, so I am right and you are wrong. :u:

Spoiler

Sorry, but unless you have a dancer around you, I'm not interested.
I'm a brexiter and I think Poles are stupid
Original post by Magdax
But skilled migration helps UK and other EU countries?

And that's why I voted leave.

Because then we can take in skilled migrants and stop hammering developing countries who find it harder to get here.

Yes I do History. Why?

I think it's direct democracy, idk if they like that :/ Maybe they have to stick to a majoritarian FPTP system which of course is very favourable to Labour, even more so than it is to the conservatives.
Original post by Shapez
Hey are you both immigrants? lolz

Nope I'm British with British parents lolz
Original post by katherine9609
True but even if the government chooses to do something that goes against the public opinion, then the worst that can happen would be riots and strikes but that doesn't necessarily ensure the gov. Dropping the idea.

After all it will really depend on who will be the new PM in October and how he/she/whoever will deal with the matter

Yep, I'm hoping for Theresa May but I'm not sure if that will happen
Original post by Magdax
But skilled migration helps UK and other EU countries?

I found this on a forum

Considered Top 10 Universities in the UK:

1. University of Cambridge - Cambridge voted 73.85% REMAIN
2. University of Oxford - Oxford voted 70.27% REMAIN
3. UCL (University College London) - City of London voted 75.29% REMAIN
4. Imperial College London - Kensington & Chelsea voted 68.69% REMAIN
5. King’s College London (KCL) - City of London voted 75.29% REMAIN
6. University of Edinburgh - City of Edinburgh voted 74.44% REMAIN
7. University of Manchester - Manchester voted 60.36% REMAIN
8. London School Of Economics And Political Science (LSE) - City of London voted 75.29% REMAIN
9. University of Bristol - Bristol voted 61.73% REMAIN
10. University of Warwick - Warwick voted 58.78% REMAIN

University students swing heavily towards Post-modern Liberalism. That group overwhelmingly voted to Remain regardless of their education level.

Specifically, this is what's called a Texas sharpshooter fallacy. That's where, in a huge subset of data, you laser-focus on specific information to come to the conclusion you want. It doesn't necessarily mean what you think it means.

It might, but the data you've provided doesn't prove or even suggest anything.
Lol I am of to Bulgaria tomorrow :smile: .
what you think about it is kind of irrelevant we won the end
Reply 115
We finally need a points based system, who cares what colour they are as long as they have skills so I don't care if we let in Indian Doctors, Chinese Engineers , Japanese Doctors. About time we had a proper control of who comes in here and in the long run people will thank leave voters
Original post by Magdax
UK economy is already at all time low, pound no longer strong currency. Finance (UK biggest industry) moving abroad to EU

Skilled migrants (including Polish) forced to move out of UK and UK citizens in other countries also.

Immigration is most dangerous from countries such as Pakistan, Africa, the third world etc, because of terrorism. Or Syrian refugees

So "leave" voters are not even changing this by blocking the EU :facepalm: Eastern Europe, France, etc. are very similar to UK culturally

Also the most educated and richest UK people (e.g. celebrities or London) all voting to Remain. Racists want to Leave

Hello.

How many Muslims are in Poland ?

How many ethnic minorities ?

Hypocrite.
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
Yep, a nice list of the "Institution" or "Establishment", the very people who perpetuate the systems that control everyone today, the so called elite, wealthy 1%.

Add to this list the following who also tried rather desperately to convince people to Remain in order that they can continue to feather their nests:

The Bank Of England (the real global rulers)
Obama
Ex PMs, Major, Blair and Brown
Sir Bob Geldof
Sir Patrick Stewart
Sir John Hurt
Lord Rose - former chair of Marks & Spencer, Burton Group, Argos and Arcadia Group
Carolyn McCall - EasyJet boss
Dame Julia Goodfellow - Universities UK chief
Richard Branson - multi-millionaire entrepreneuretc etc

The wealthy, the people owned by the real unseen ruling groups, the puppets.

How can anyone support that?!

Common sense has prevailed by the "hoi-polloi" who have had enough of being bullied and put down by the wealthy corrupt elite.

You do realise that those people are still the country's elite and they will still play a major role in the country post-Brexit. They'll rule the UK in the future too. The difference is that now they have to deal with unprecedented uncertainty whilst trying to run the place.

It's astounding that people talk as if the ownership of the country or its composition changed. The same people will rule you now, in fact, you have to rely on them more than ever.
Original post by Jee1
We finally need a points based system, who cares what colour they are as long as they have skills so I don't care if we let in Indian Doctors, Chinese Engineers , Japanese Doctors. About time we had a proper control of who comes in here and in the long run people will thank leave voters

Losing our right to live and work freely in 27 other countries, ending the biggest international research cooperation, damaging our economy, and doing away with most of our rights, in a clumsy attempt at just maybe implementing a better immigration system, which we could have done without leaving the EU.

No, I won't be thanking leave voters.
Original post by Jee1

Not gonna happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending