The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
5 Pump Court second round out by email.
Reply 2301
Hi, does anyone have any idea of the format for a first interview at st marys chambers? Would be so grateful for any help? Thanks in advance
Outer Temple first round out
Original post by Legal.InnerT
Has anyone else heard from Linenhall?

No still not heard. Someone said yesterday they'd had invite but know several who haven't heard.
Garden Court rejections out
Reply 2305
Original post by Vivalasvegas2015
Sorry I have taken so long to reply. So they use a few different pieces of legislation as I heard people taking about different things when they came out. The run a few panels at the same time on the day. Someone had a medical type of act, wish I could remember now. Mine was on police powers and there was another but it escapes me...have done the BPTC since then so memory not what it was ha.

You can make notes and take them in with you it isn't a memory test which is good. It was really just questions on interpreting the Act. So things like "in this scenario, could the police do ABC" and you think about what you read and apply it, It is only a couple of sides to read, do not forget to turn over I know some people did!

No other question at all just I think 8 on the legislation that is it.

That's really helpful, thank you!
Garden Court first interviews out.
Good luck to all those with interviews this weekend!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going into the weekend with red lion status as under consideration and no email. Love a bit of closure 😇
Gateway rejection from Garden Court. Good luck everyone else! Is anyone else still waiting on 1 Gray's Inn Square?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulu_dudette
Good luck to all those with interviews this weekend!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm certainly going to need it I have my 6th interview tomorrow and I'm yet to secure a 2nd round, starting to get a bit of a complex!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pizzaprincess
Gateway rejection from Garden Court. Good luck everyone else! Is anyone else still waiting on 1 Gray's Inn Square?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still waiting on 1GIS but my Gateway applications have been a complete wash out so zero hope in that front. I don't know what it is iv been back through them all scouring them for errors and such like and can't work out why I'm having no luck through gateway when I haven't had too much difficulty getting interviews at non-gateway sets....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still waiting on 1 Grays Inn Sq.

Also ditto I've had interviews from all my non-Gateway (6) but 9 rejections on portal..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I ask what stage you're at in law? As in LLB/GDL/BPTC? I ask because I have just done the GDL but not got my results yet and because exams were over pupillage time could only apply for about 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LegalLab I meant this in reply to you but I'm on my phone and the reply button isn't working, sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm down to four applications still in play. I've actually had more success with gateway than non-gateway, but I only applied to one non-GW set (rejected) so can't really judge!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pizzaprincess
Can I ask what stage you're at in law? As in LLB/GDL/BPTC? I ask because I have just done the GDL but not got my results yet and because exams were over pupillage time could only apply for about 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have done an LLB and LLM and have two years experience in a full-time legal role. I'm due to start the BPTC in September so this is my first year applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just had my Red Lion interview email for anybody that was waiting. They must be doing it in batches. It was personalised with a time slot.
Original post by wanabebarrister
Just had my Red Lion interview email for anybody that was waiting. They must be doing it in batches. It was personalised with a time slot.

Thanks for the update! I'll hold out hope then :smile:
Original post by hsthomas1
Thanks for the update! I'll hold out hope then :smile:

Goodluck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending