The Student Room Group

BREXITERS - do you work with foreign people?

Do you work in Starbucks with a Polish girl? Do you stack the shelves in Asda with an Indian? How can you even look at them in the eyes if they know you voted BREXIT?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
How can you look at them in the eyes if they know you voted BREXIT?

In favour of brexit =/= racist/xenophobic.

The sooner remainers realise that, the sooner they'll get off their high horse hopefully..
Yes. But then so does Rachel from the UK working alongside Holga in packing at the cadbury factory. (In Poland)
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek

The sooner remainers realise that, the sooner they'll get off their high horse hopefully..

Most people that voted BREXIT did it because of "immigration" concerns, which obviously masquerades as racism.

Do you honestly think Stella-Artois-drinking louts down the pub (wearing England shirts) care about anything to do with the economy?
(edited 7 years ago)
I attend a school which is easily 90% foreign. A significant number of their relatives voted to leave.
Reply 5

My family are Indian, we voted Brexit :h:
Do you work in Starbucks with a Polish girl? Do you stack the shelves in Asda with an Indian? How can you even look at them in the eyes if they know you voted BREXIT?

I'm sorry for being white *whip*
I'm sorry for being upper-middle class *whip*
I'm sorry for voting Leave *whip*
I'm sorry for being for Democracy *whip*
I'm sorry for being "racist"/"xenophobic"/etc... *whip*
Most people that voted BREXIT did it because of "immigration" concerns, which obviously masquerades as racism.

Do you honestly think Stella-Artois-drinking louts down the pub care about anything do with the economy?

Bullcrap, plenty of those stella drinking louts voted remain too.
Most Brexiters aren't anti immigration. This is just a narrative that has been pushed by the Remain campaign.
Original post by The Roast
I'm sorry for being white *whip*
I'm sorry for being upper-middle class *whip*
I'm sorry for voting Leave *whip*
I'm sorry for being for Democracy *whip*
I'm sorry for being "racist"/"xenophobic"/etc... *whip*

I am proud for being Middle Class, Educated, and to be a Londoner. But I voted REMAIN, as that is best for all of us.

The BREXITERS (working class, uneducated, northerners) are just annoyed with their own lowly lives so blaming foreigners is their way of thinking that they are achieving something.

Please explain how being concerned with an annual net migration of 300000 people is racism. These numbers simply aren't sustainable.

Do you honestly think Stella-Artois-drinking louts down the pub (wearing England shirts) care about anything to do with the economy?

So all the low/middle income workers who are worried about downwards pressure on their wages, who are worried about whether their kids will be able to get into the local school or how they're going to get on the housing ladder? They're all racist concerns are they?

None of those worries are remotely based on racism or xenophobia. Having concerns about the effects of immigration, is not the same as disliking immigration because they are foreigners. The latter is xenophobic, the former is eminently reasonable. It's precisely your line of reasoning that has lead to the leave vote ironically. By telling everyone who has any concerns with immigration that they're racist or stupid or xenophobic, you've pushed them to vote for leave.

I look at them in the eyes and tell them it wasn't personal but for the greater good. Which it was. Being part of a nepotic bureaucratic mess that gives money to war criminals and is aiding in the destruction of home ownership in the UK doesn't seem like a good thing to me.
So all the low/middle income workers who are worried about downwards pressure on their wages, who are worried about whether their kids will be able to get into the local school or how they're going to get on the housing ladder? They're all racist concerns are they?

None of those worries are remotely based on racism or xenophobia. Having concerns about the effects of immigration, is not the same as disliking immigration because they are foreigners. The latter is xenophobic, the former is eminently reasonable. It's precisely your line of reasoning that has lead to the leave vote ironically. By telling everyone who has any concerns with immigration that they're racist or stupid or xenophobic, you've pushed them to vote for leave.

You get on the housing ladder if you're rich enough to do so. If you're not, you stay in council accommodation or live with parents.

The sense of entitlement from racists is astounding.
Original post by Desi123
My family are Indian, we voted Brexit :h:

Hell, my surname's Kostanjsek!! It's not exactly a classic english name, is it?
Reply 15
Because they are working and contributing to the economy. I think the main concern was immigrants coming and claiming benefits whilst contributing zero and sending their benefits back home.

I understand that a portion of leave voters also vote under the pretense that immigrants are 'taking our jobs' - This portion are likely to be the chav/dole/scumbags who choose no education and try to make life a misery for everyone else. I'd gladly vote to also deport these alongside the non working benefit claimers.
Reply 16
Hell, my surname's Kostanjsek!! It's not exactly a classic english name, is it?

Yeah, lol :yep:
You get on the housing ladder if you're rich enough to do so. If you're not, you stay in council accommodation or live with parents.

The sense of entitlement from racists is astounding.

You are familiar with the concepts of supply and demand, right? The reason why house prices are so high is because demand is so manifestly outstripping supply. And one of the reasons for this, amongst several, is the pressure that immigration is placing on housing.

I don't think it's entitled to think that you should be able to afford a place of your own. And once again the r word!! Tell me at what point I, or anyone else in the leave campaign, has said that they are opposed towards immigration because they don't like foreigners? Or indeed any example of the leave campaign suggesting that continental Europeans are inherently inferior to ourselves? Either provide some evidence, or stop bandying around words you don't understand.
Original post by TheTechN1304
Because for some of us, brexit is not all about immigration. It's about sovereignty, freeing ourselves from European bureaucracy, opening up ourselves to a world which doesn't rotate around the EU. Why can't you understand that?

What do you mean about Sovereignty?

Most of the people who voted BREXIT oppose the monarchy too.

Yet they still sing God Save The Queen at football matches.

Why? Racism
Original post by Desi123
Yeah, lol :yep:

There's a wonderful irony in being accused of narrow-mindedness by people who refuse to accept that you can dislike the EU without disliking foreigners, isn't there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending