The Student Room Group

I'm more than just a number - Story of a french med student who failed and raised up

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shapez
French Unicorn girl I also dont know if im smart enough like a lot of your post is french and it makes no sense to me but I heard you dont need to be smart to study med in france cos france doesnt get many smart people but still idk what the heck is going on in ur post

You will be fine as long as u r not studying french at uni! Once you go to a new country, you live in between those people and get used to speaking their language.
Proof: i didnt know a word of english (lies, i knew "good morning" ) when i came here and just listened to other people talking and within 6 months i spoke english fluently (well 'fluently' enough) and now am the A* student in the school in all (euh.... no almost all) subjects sooo yh it wasnt that hard seee
You can do it :clap2::grouphugs:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Shapez
Hey hey hey hey, I wanna go to med skool in france but I dont speak french and Im afraid people will bully me and throw baguettes at me and ill look dumb instead of looking smart.

euhhhh .. I'm afraid you can't then xD

Original post by Shapez
French Unicorn girl I also dont know if im smart enough like a lot of your post is french and it makes no sense to me but I heard you dont need to be smart to study med in france cos france doesnt get many smart people but still idk what the heck is going on in ur post

Wait .. What ?
Original post by mediaya
Ooh yeees they are, i might decay (of fear) by then!!
See i didnt know what hooves meant but now i know coz i searched it)

Awww haha , we learn everyday don't worry ;D also If you want to improve your English I suggest you to read :yep:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
A wild Hyde appeared :ahee:

:ahee:

I told you I did not share :unimpressed: :unimpressed:

But madame, I could use the money. :sad:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman
:ahee:

I knew you would use that emoji as well :mmm:

But madame, I could use the money. :sad:

It's not all about the money l'Homme Caché :unimpressed:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
I knew you would use that emoji as well :mmm:

You know me too well. :ninja:
:mmm:

It's not all about the money l'Homme Caché :unimpressed:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

You're welcome. :biggrin:
Original post by Hydeman
You know me too well. :ninja:
:mmm:

I do :ninja:

I can say whatever I want, it's all about the money xD those who do not agree are liars I'm afraid
[scroll] :creep: [/scroll]
I can say whatever I want, it's all about the money xD those who do not agree are liars I'm afraid
[scroll] :creep: [/scroll]

I didn't disagree with you about that, only tried to excuse it by playing the 'poor student' card. :tongue:

Wait .. What ?

Awww haha , we learn everyday don't worry ;D also If you want to improve your English I suggest you to read :yep:

(especially ur posts! )
Original post by Hydeman
I didn't disagree with you about that, only tried to excuse it by playing the 'poor student' card. :tongue:

I'm serious, money is very important xD considering that it allows us to study, I could say it's the most important thing lol

Spoiler

Original post by mediaya
(especially ur posts! )

Awww ty :blush:
But don't worry I am sure your English is good, considering that you're living in UK is good too ! We learn everyday , so I'm certain your English will be fine anyway :yep:
Reply 730

Wait .. What ?

Your post is french and you said something like you dont need to be smart a computer tests your brain or something like that Idk because its all french and I dont speak french. So do i try in my exams or not because if I dont need to be smart why try rite? Also, are there schools in france that just speak english and no french is allowed in there, are there schools like that
Original post by Shapez
Your post is french and you said something like you dont need to be smart a computer tests your brain or something like that Idk because its all french and I dont speak french. So do i try in my exams or not because if I dont need to be smart why try rite? Also, are there schools in france that just speak english and no french is allowed in there, are there schools like that

What ? This part was not in French .. And I did not say that , I said that everyone could get into med schools because the selection does not occur during college but during 1st year of medicine.

Also in here medical schools in which we can do an English course do not exist.
Reply 732
What ? This part was not in French .. And I did not say that , I said that everyone could get into med schools because the selection does not occur during college but during 1st year of medicine.

Also in here medical schools in which we can do an English course do not exist.

Oh that sux. I thought I might finally do medicine since its easier in france :frown::frown::frown::frown:
Original post by Shapez
Oh that sux. I thought I might finally do medicine since its easier in france :frown::frown::frown::frown:

Hardly easier, if you've read the blog posts. :tongue:
There are some medical schools in Eastern Europe that teach in English, though you would still be expected to learn the local language for clinical placements and such.
Original post by Hydeman
There are some medical schools in Eastern Europe that teach in English, though you would still be expected to learn the local language for clinical placements and such.

Don't be bothered. Slide into their VMs :wink:
Reply 735
Don't be bothered. Slide into their VMs :wink:

Hey you posted something on my profile but I dont know how to reply to it. My problem is that from your post you made it sound like my school grades didnt matter which got my hopes high plus you said they dont teach in english so I dont want to have french kids coming to me and swearing at me in french when i dont understand it
Reply 736
Original post by Hydeman

Ok thanks. Her blog post is mostly french and I dont even understand it. But i thought she said your school grades didnt matter so i got my hopes hi. Id be prepared to learn french obviously but I dont want to go to an all french school, they might make fun of me
Original post by Shapez
Ok thanks. Her blog post is mostly french and I dont even understand it. But i thought she said your school grades didnt matter so i got my hopes hi. Id be prepared to learn french obviously but I dont want to go to an all french school, they might make fun of me

Her blog posts are in English. :erm:
School grades don't matter, but first year medical school grades do and, as the blog posts state, those grades are very hard to make.

As for your last point - a risk that any international student has to take. :dontknow: You could be made fun of even in a UK university.
x

Heyy, I just finished reading your last blog post. It was a great read, as always and another insight into the French system. I do hope, wherever the future takes you, that you continue being the jolie et contente licorne que tu est! (That probably doesn't make sense but I hope you understand :tongue: what would the proper translation of that last bit be?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
Heyy, I just finished reading your last blog post. It was a great read, as always and another insight into the French system. I do hope, wherever the future takes you, that you continue being the jolie et contente licorne que tu est! (That probably doesn't make sense but I hope you understand :tongue: what would the proper translation of that last bit be?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That makes sense to me (but u never know, my french might be old...) i dont have the 2016 version...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest